Apple kheer recipe with milkmaid or apple payasam with sweetened condensed milk is easy to make following this easy apple kheer recipe. Apple Kheer or payasam is Indian style apple milk pudding which is light and creamy in texture.
We do not use any flour or eggs here so this pudding or kheer is not very thick, but it is a very light, simple and yummy pudding/kheer made of fresh apples, milk and sweetened condensed milk.
It is the sweetened condensed milk that we use in this apple kheer recipe, which makes it so creamy.
I used milkmaid here you can use any sweetened condensed milk as you wish.
The vermicelli kheer recipe using sweetened condensed milk is another yummy dessert I have in this blog, which too is prepared using condensed milk.
I have this yummy and creamy pressure cooker rice kheer pudding with condensed milk here and also another yummy and creamy rice kheer pudding recipe here which also uses condensed milk, but it is made without a pressure cooker.
Coming back to the apple kheer recipe, always try to use sweet apples instead of sour or tart apples for this apple kheer recipe. As we use fresh fruits with milk to make this pudding or kheer, there is a tendency for the milk to curdle if you don’t follow the instructions correctly.
To avoid the curdling of milk, we do not cook the apples in milk for a long time. We cook the apples first and boil the milk separately, then mix the cooked apples and the prepared milk mixture together during the last minutes of the preparation.
I chopped the apples finely to prepare this apple kheer with milk, but you may grate the apples if you wish.
And this apple kheer tastes the best, when it is refrigerated and served chilled.
So here is how you can make this apple kheer with milkmaid following this apple kheer recipe or apple payasam recipe.
Apple Kheer With Condensed Milk – Apple Payasam Recipe
- fresh apples 3
- whole milk 4 cups
- milkmaid 1 can (400 grams)
- sugar 1 tablespoon
- ghee 1 tablespoon
- saffron strands 3 to 4
- cardamom pods 2 to 3
For garnishing (optional)
- extra saffron strands 2 to 3 for each serving
- Peel and core the apples and chop them finely.
- Heat ghee in a pan and add the chopped apples.
- Saute the apples in ghee for about 2 minutes.
- Add the sugar to the apples, mix well and saute for another 1 minute.
- Cover the pan with lid and cook the chopped apples in very low heat for about 8 to 10 minutes or until the apples are very well cooked and soft. We do not need any extra water to cook the apples, as the juice from the apples along with the dissolved sugar is just enough to cook the apples. Just make sure you cook them in very low heat.
- Once the apples are well cooked and very soft in texture, switch off the stove and keep the pan away from heat for cooling the apples. We will add the milk only after the cooked apples are cooled enough.
- Wait for the cooked apples to cool off.
- Once the cooked apples are cooled enough, let us start preparing the milk mixture.
- In a separate pan, add the milk, saffron strands and cardamom pods and bring the milk to a boil, stirring continuously to avoid the milk burning at the bottom of the pan.
- Once the mixture starts boiling, switch off the stove and keep the pan away from heat.
- Add the sweetened condensed milk (milkmaid or any other brand) to the boiled milk and mix well using a spoon so the condensed milk will blend with the boiled milk mixture.
- Add the prepared milk mixture (with condensed milk) to the cooked apples and stir everything well.
- Cook the mixture in very low heat for about 2 minutes or until the milk begins to look slightly foamy.
- Make sure you do not the heat the mixture anymore to avoid the curdling of milk.
- Apple Kheer or pudding is ready now, so let us switch off the stove and keep the pan away from heat for cooling the prepared apple kheer.
- It is recommended to stir the apple kheer using a spoon occasionally, while you keep it for cooling.
- Once the apple kheer is completely cooled, refrigerate the kheer for at least a couple of hours.
- Once the kheer is chilled, you can serve the apple kheer in dessert cups, garnished with few saffron strands on top.
Hope you found this post on apple kheer recipe with milkmaid helpful!
Notes: You can serve the apple kheer warm of chilled, but it tastes the best while it is chilled.
Last Updated on