Best Cauliflower Fried Rice Recipe Indian Style (This is not a recipe for cauliflower rice) Using Leftover Rice & Roasted Cauliflower Florets
This easy and best cauliflower fried recipe (Indian style) is made using leftover white rice – I used white basmati rice and oven roasted cauliflower florets (see recipe here). This super easy cauliflower fried rice recipe Indian style is also made without soy sauce.
I have posted about this really easy and delicious oven roasted cauliflower florets before, which I have also used as a topping in my delicious Indian style masala pasta recipe. The roasted cauliflower florets are so delicious and it makes a great side dish or topping for many different recipes. So once you make the oven roasted cauliflower florets and if you have got some leftover rice, spices and few nuts, you can easily make this easy cauliflower fried rice following this best cauliflower fried rice recipe using leftover rice.
As I mentioned above, I used white basmati rice to make this easy cauliflower fried rice, but you may also try other kind of cooked rice which are suitable for fried rice recipes. I didn’t use soy sauce which is a very popular ingredient with fried rice, but I only used nuts and spices to flavor this fried this and it is very delicious and easy to prepare. If you wish, it wouldn’t hurt the recipe to add a little soy sauce too, but make sure you are using good quality soy sauce or any other healthy alternatives for soy sauce like this one.
I am using cashew nuts as one of the main ingredients for this cauliflower fried rice recipe, please don’t skip them as they really add much flavor and crunchiness to the dish. You may add more sauteed vegetables to the dish, like sauteed or caramelized onions (which will be very good), other sauteed vegetables like chopped beans, carrots etc.
So here is how I made this cauliflower fried rice using leftover rice and roasted cauliflower florets.
Cauliflower Fried Rice Recipe
Ingredients for the best cauliflower fried rice recipe Indian style
- Cooked white basmati rice 2 cups
- Roasted cauliflower florets 2 cups
- Cashews a handful
- ginger garlic paste 2 tablespoons
- oil 3 tablespoons (or little more if needed)
- salt as needed
- cumin seeds 1 teaspoon (optional)
- garam masala 1 teaspoon (Optional)
Instructions for the best cauliflower fried rice recipe Indian style
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a pan and fry the cumin seeds.
- Add the cooked rice and stir fry for about 2 minutes stirring in between to avoid burning at the bottom of the pan. You may add a little more oil if needed.
- Add the ginger garlic paste and salt, saute for about a minute.
- Add the roasted cauliflower florets and garam masala to the mix, mix everything well and let it cook in low heat for about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Mix everything well and switch off the stove and keep the pan away from heat.
- In another small pan, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil and fry the cashews till golden brown.
- Add the fried cashews to the prepared fried rice and mix well.
- Easy and delicious Indian style cauliflower fried rice is ready to serve!
Enjoy the cauliflower fried rice for lunch or dinner as it is or you can serve it with any side dishes you like!
Hope you found this post on the best cauliflower fried rice recipe Indian style helpful!
Note: As I already mentioned above, you may add extra sauteed vegetables or caramelized onions to the rice if you like. Also, you may garnish the rice with a few chopped cilantro leaves if you wish!