If you love the idea of bread stuffed inside an omelette for breakfast or dinner, here is the simple bread stuffed omelette recipe which is so easy to follow and you can easily and quickly make bread stuffed omelette in no time.
We use cheese in this bread stuffed omelette recipe which makes the stuffed omelette more delicious and adding cheese will help the stuffing of bread inside the cooked eggs better.
This bread stuffed omelette recipe is a kid friendly breakfast recipe which you can also serve as a quick and easy dinner. I made this stuffed omelette as a simple stuffed omelette recipe without any vegetables.
The recipe is flexible and you can add finely chopped and cooked veggies to the omelette as you add the cheese for topping, if you wish. Finely chopped carrots, caramelized onions, sauteed spinach etc will be good choices to use if you like to add vegetables.
You can see my pizza style cheese omelette recipe here which is another kid friendly egg omelette recipe which can be made quickly and easily for breakfast.
You can use any bread of your choice. Whole wheat or whole grains bread slices will go great with this bread stuffed omelette recipe.
I didn’t toast the bread in advance for this recipe, rather I toasted one side of the bread slice as I made this omelette, which I will explain in the recipe. You may also toast the bread slice in advance if you wish!
I used organic shredded cheese which is free of animal rennet which I bought from the store, you can use shredded cheddar or shredded mozzarella cheese for this stuffed omelet recipe.
So here is how you can make this bread stuffed omelette following this simple, easy and quick bread stuffed omelette recipe.
Notes: If you are making for adults, you may add spices like ground black pepper, dried oregano flakes or crushed red chili flakes to the bread stuffed omelette by sprinkling these over the cheese while you are adding the cheese to the top of the omelette.
Bread Stuffed Omelette Recipe Below
Easy, Quick & Simple Bread Stuffed Omelette Recipe
- Break the eggs into a bowl, add salt and milk, whisk the eggs very well using an egg beater to mix the yolks, whites, salt and milk into a smooth mixture.
- Add ¼ cup of shredded to the egg mixture, mix everything well to combine the cheese with the egg mixture.
- Heat butter in a pan and as the butter melts, add the egg mixture to the pan.
- Give it about 1 to 2 minutes as the eggs get set in the pan, don't wait till it is completely cooked.
- When the egg mixture is half cooked, place the bread slice in the middle of the pan inside the egg mixture, gently press it to the egg mixture using a good quality spatula.
- Keep the heat in low and wait for the eggs to cook completely, which may take a couple more minutes. Once the eggs are completely cooked and set, you can see that the bread slice is stuffed inside the omelette with only one side of slice visible outside.
- Gently flip the omelette without breaking, and give it about 1 to 2 minutes so the other side of the omelette and the visible side of the bread slice will get lightly toasted.
- After 2 minutes of toasting the bread slice, gently flip the omelette again without breaking. Now you can see the toasted side of the bread slice on top and the omelette is completely cooked on both sides.
- Add the remaining shredded cheese to the top of the omelette covering the toasted bread slice, and give it about a minute or two so the cheese will start to melt.
- Once the cheese starts melting, gently transfer the omelette from the pan to another serving plate.
- You can use the spatula or knife to gently slice the stuffed omelette and stick the sliced pieces together by gently pressing one slice on top of the other. The melting cheese will help the slices to stick together, and your stuffed bread omelette is ready to be served!
- You can slice the stuffed omelette again in half (as you see in the image beloto make it two servings of small sized stuffed omelette which will be easier for kids to hold and eat. Serve the bread omelette hot for breakfast, lunch or dinner as you wish!
Pictures From The Preparation Of Bread Stuffed Omelette
Hope you found this post on bread stuffed omelette recipe helpful in making delicious stuffed egg omelette for breakfast or dinner!
Leave a Reply