This easy eggless broccoli fried rice recipe is easy to follow and you can make this rice for a vegetarian lunch or dinner.
It is also a great recipe to use if you have any leftover cauliflower crumbles that you would like to use up!
This is not a traditional or authentic fried rice recipe, this is something I made for lunch on an afternoon recently, which turned out really yummy yet simple and easy to make.
And this is more of a fusion of Chinese & Indian kind of rice, maybe you can call it a fusion of Indian pulao (pilaf) and Chinese fried rice though this is not a traditional recipe of any kind, but it is so easy to make and it is delicious too!
This recipe is an excellent way to use up any leftover cauliflower rice (or cauliflower crumbles) that you have, if you are looking to make any regular pilaf style rice or fried rice for lunch or dinner using the left over cauliflower rice and also other veggies.
If you have cauliflower crumbles, also see this easy oven roasted cauliflower crumbles recipe.
In this broccoli fried rice recipe, we cook white rice (I used Indian basmati rice) along with broccoli florets and cauliflower crumbles to make the simple and yummy fried rice.
This recipe is a great way to use broccoli and cauliflower crumbles, if you have any, along with rice for lunch or dinner.
The broccoli fried rice recipe needs a sauce but I didn’t have soy sauce, so here is what I have used for the sauce – raw coconut aminos seasoning sauce.
This sauce doesn’t have a coconut flavor and it is a great alternative to soy sauce in cooking.
I used fresh broccoli florets and cauliflower crumbles to make this vegetarian broccoli fried rice.
I also added two carrots (chopped) to this rice, which made it even more yummy and healthy.
I decided to go mild on spices for this rice as I wanted a simple broccoli and cauliflower rice which is not very spicy. However, the broccoli fried rice recipe is very flexible and you can adjust the recipe and add your favorite spices as you wish.
I just used vegetable oil to saute the vegetables, to keep this recipe vegan as well, but you may replace the oil with butter if you don’t want it vegan.
Adding butter instead of oil will make the rice more rich and flavorful too.
Adding caramelized or browned onions will further add flavor to this dish, although I skipped onions in this recipe and it was still very delicious without onions. Feel free to add caramelized or browned onions to the rice if you wish.
I used a stored bought packet of cauliflower rice which looked like cauliflower crumbles to make this dish. You can chop the cauliflower finely to make the cauliflower rice or cauliflower crumbles to use for this recipe.
So here is how you can make this broccoli fried rice following this easy one pot broccoli fried rice recipe with added cauliflower and carrots.
Easy Eggless Broccoli Fried Rice Recipe Below
Broccoli Fried Rice Recipe, How To Make Eggless Broccoli Fried Rice (Without Soy Sauce)
- 1 medium sized broccoli head
- 3 cups cauliflower crumbles
- 2 large carrots
- 1.5 cups white basmati rice
- ¼ teaspoon salt or as required
- 3.5 cups water
- 2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon ginger garlic paste
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoon oil
- 5 dry red chilies broken
- 2 tablespoons raw coconut aminos seasoning sauce (Soy free, optional)
- Wash the rice, drain the water and keep aside.
- Wash the broccoli head and separate the florets discarding the stalks.
- Wash the carrots, peel the skin and slice them in round even slices.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the broken dry red chilies.
- Add the broccoli florets and carrots to the pan and saute for about 2 to 3 minutes until the vegetables are lightly sauteed.
- Add the cauliflower crumbles, saute the contents for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the ginger garlic paste and onion powder to the sauteed vegetables, stir fry the contents for another 2 minutes.
- Add the rice to the pan, stir well to mix with the vegetables.
- Add the lemon juice and enough salt to the contents, stir everything well and lightly stir fry the contents for 2 minutes in low heat.
- Add the water to the pan and bring the mixture to a boil, keeping the heat high.
- Once the mixture starts boiling, stir the contents well again and close the pan with the lid and cook in low heat for about 12 minutes.
- After 12 minutes of cooking, open the lid and see if the rice is cooked and the water is all absorbed.
- If the rice is not completely cooked and water is left(sometimes the cooking time can vary based on the kind of pans you are using and also the heat distribution of different kinds of stove) you can keep the pan closed with lid and cook for another 2 to 3 minutes or until the water is all absorbed.
- Finally add the sauce to the cooked rice, stir the contents well and stir fry for another 2 more minutes.
- In case the water is all absorbed and the rice is not yet completely cooked, don't add anymore water, but heat a good cast iron skillet and keep the closed pan inside the skillet and cook in medium to low heat for few minutes until the rice is cooked completely. You can use this method for any kind of rice recipe you are trying in pans, in case the rice is not completely cooked and the water is all absorbed. Just make sure you don't do this for a long time and check in between to avoid the rice burning at the bottom of the pan.
Hope you found this post on easy broccoli fried rice recipe helpful!
Leave a Reply