Corn Pulao Recipe Using Leftover Ponni Raw Rice
Corn pulao recipe using leftover rice and frozen corn kernels (or fresh corn) is so easy to make and it’s delicious and kid friendly rice dish too. If you use fresh corn instead of frozen corn you can also pack this in lunchbox too.
In this corn pulao recipe I used frozen corn kernels and cooked white ponni raw rice (South Indian rice).
You can use any kind of cooked white rice like white basmati rice, jasmine rice or any rice as you like.
So here is how you can quickly make corn pulao using leftover white rice.
easy corn pulao rice recipe using leftover rice below
- frozen corn 1 cup
- cooked white rice 2 cups
- salt as needed
- butter 1 stick
- onion powder 2 teaspoons
- garlic powder 1 teaspoon
- green chilies 1 to 2 (optional)
whole spices used
- bay leaves 2
- cinnamon sticks 2
- star anise 1
- cloves 2 to 3
- dry red chilies 3 to 4
- cumin seeds 1/2 teaspoon
- Heat the butter in a pan and as the butter is melted, add the whole spices and lightly fry.
- Add the green chilies, onion powder and garlic powder, saute for few more seconds.
- Add the corn and enough salt, mix well and stir fry for about 3 to 4 minutes or until the corn is cooked and soft.
- Add the cooked rice and enough salt, stir, saute for about a minute and cook the contents for another 2 minutes in low heat. Serve the easy and delicious corn pulao using leftover cooked rice as it is or with any sides as you like!
Hope you found this post on easy corn pulao recipe using leftover rice helpful in making quick, easy and delicious pulao rice.