Creamy Rice Pudding Recipe Pressure Cooker Method – Indian Rice Kheer With Sweetened Condensed Milk In Pressure Cooker – How To Prepare Rice Pudding/Kheer In Pressure Cooker
This rice pudding recipe pressure cooker method is easy to follow and you get very delicious and creamy rice pudding for dessert which can be made quickly. Make sure to use a large sized pressure cooker (I used 5 liter pressure cooker) to avoid the mess of milk boiling over.
This rice pudding recipe uses sweetened condensed milk and it is made as an Indian style pudding dessert known as Indian rice kheer or rice payasam in India.
Indian rice kheer with milkmaid recipe known as rice payasam recipe or white rice pudding recipe made with milkmaid(or any sweetened condensed milk) in pressure cooker gives the best rice kheer ever.
Some time back I tried this rice kheer recipe using sweetened condensed milk from Amul, by following the recipe instructions mentioned in the condensed milk tin with very few variations of my own. The result was awesome. So if you have condensed milk that is sweetened and want to make payasam/kheer in pressure cooker, do try this recipe!
If you don’t want to use a pressure cooker and if you want to make the rice kheer using sweetened condensed milk, follow the recipe here for making the rice kheer with milkmaid in a pan on stove top, which too gives awesome results.
The recipe from Amul called for 100 grams of rice, but I have the measuring cups with me, so I used 1/2 cup of rice which is slightly more than 100 grams. And the kheer turned out really well.
So here is how I made this creamy rice pudding or Indian style rice kheer/payasam following this easy rice pudding recipe pressure cooker method.
As I already mentioned above, make sure to use a large sized pressure cooker (do not use small sized pressure cookers) to prepare this to avoid the risk of milk boiling over. We use a little ghee in the recipe to make it more yummy and flavorful.
Pressure Cooker Rice Pudding/Rice Kheer/Rice Payasam Recipe Below
- Rice 1/2 Cup I used white basmati rice
- Milk 1 liter about 4 cups
- Ghee 2 tablespoons
- Sweetened Condensed Milk 1 Can -- 400 grams I used 1 can of Amul Mithai Mate. You may also use any other sweetened condensed milk
- Heat ghee in a pressure cooker and stir fry rice for about 2 minutes. Make sure rice do not change in color.
- Add milk and boil, stirring frequently.
- When the milk boils, close the pressure cooker and cook for 3 whistles or about 8 to 10 minutes in medium heat.
- Allow the pressure cooker to cool down.
- Once the pressure cooker is cooled, open the lid of the pressure cooker and add the sweetened condensed milk.
- Stir well and cook in medium flame for about 5 to 7 minutes. Make sure you stir the kheer continuously to avoid burning.
- Kheer is ready to serve after seven minutes of cooking, you can serve it hot or cold as you wish!
The kheer tastes good when it is hot or cold or at room temperature. However, I think it tastes the best when it is chilled.
The most important thing that you need to take care of while making this pressure cooker method for making rice pudding or rice kheer (pal payasam) is to use a large sized pressure cooker even if you are making a small amount of payasam, otherwise when the milk boils inside the pressure cooker, it can boil over and create a big mess, so make sure to use large sized pressure cooker. I used a 5 liter pressure cooker to make this amount of payasam as called in the recipe.
The kheer is very much sweet and makes a wonderful dessert for lunch or dinner. If you want more sweetness, feel free to add more sugar. You can also fry few raisins and cashew nuts in ghee and garnish the kheer.
Hope you found this post on creamy rice pudding recipe pressure cooker method on stove top helpful.