Dry coconut burfi recipe without milk and without condensed milk is so easy to follow and it is made using dry shredded coconut (or use fresh finely grated coconut) and a very few other ingredients.
I used dry coconut which is unsweetened to make this easy and delicious coconut burfi. Coconut burfi or barfi is also known as nariyal ki barfi, thenga burfi etc.
This is one of the most easy and quick dessert recipes from Indian and it is also known as Indian coconut sweets recipe popularly known as coconut burfi or coconut barfi or thengai burfi (thenga or thengai means coconut).
This is also a kind of Indian fudge recipe made from grated coconuts and so this recipe is also called as an easy coconut fudge recipe.
This easy coconut burfi recipe is a most delicious Indian dessert, traditionally made using coconut, milk or water and sugar. I didn’t use milk here, my recipe for thengai burfi uses grated coconut, water, sugar and melted butter or ghee. But you can add so many other ingredients to the basic recipe, as you wish.
Coconuts are easily available in many parts of India and so we use them in a number of dishes including very easy quick dessert recipes using fresh coconuts, but most of these recipes using coconut can be adapted and made using dry shredded coconut as well.
So if you do not have fresh coconut at home, you can easily use this dry coconut burfi recipe to make delicious burfi using dry shredded coconut as well.
Related Posts – More Indian Sweet Recipes In This Blog:
coconut rava ladoo recipe
easy sooji rava ladoo recipe
how to make jalebi using jalebi mix
easy sooji halwa recipe
easy rice kheer recipe pressure cooker method
easy rice kheer recipe without pressure cooker
You can freshly grate the coconuts yourself if you have access to fresh coconut, or buy the fresh, frozen or dry grated coconut or dry coconut flakes from stores or online.
This coconut burfi is one such easy quick dessert recipe using coconuts and very few other ingredients and I used dry shredded unsweetened coconut to make this easy and delicious coconut burfi.
In fact, coconut burfi is a delicious dessert you can prepare in just 10 to 15 minutes, with very few ingredients. This is an easy to make recipe that is sure to please dessert lovers! Coconut burfi is also popularly known as nariyal ki burfi in Hindi and thengai barfi in Malayalam.
In my recipe for coconut burfi, I am using only dry shredded coconut, water, ghee (or melted butter)and sugar but you may also try to use milk instead of water and add a pinch of fresh spices, like cardamom powder.
I suggest you to use ghee which is the clarified butter popularly used in Indian sweets, but you can also melted butter in case you don’t like the flavor of ghee for some reason.
You can buy grated unsweetened coconut (shredded coconut) or coconut flakes here
So here is how you can make this easy quick dessert recipe using just 4 ingredients.
Dry Coconut Burfi Recipe Below
Dry Coconut Burfi Recipe Without Milk & Without Condensed Milk, How To Make Coconut Burfi With Dry Coconut
- 2 cups dry shredded coconut or finely grated coconut
- ¾ cup Sugar
- ¼ cup Water
- 3 tablespoons Ghee (or melted butter)
- Heat ghee in a pan, add grated coconuts and roast it for few minutes.
- Once the coconut flakes are roasted, remove the pan from the stove and keep it aside.
- Dissolve the sugar in water and let it get heated in another pan.
- Keep stirring, until the sugar and water mixture reaches a syrup consistency.
- Add the roasted coconut flakes to the sugar syrup and cook in low flame.
- Make sure you keep stirring the mixture, otherwise it may burn at the bottom.
- The burfi will soon absorb all the sugar syrup, and it is ready when the coconut mixture thickens and form a soft, firm mass that come off easily from the sides of the pan.
- Grease a flat tray or plate with ghee or melted butter.
- Transfer the coconut barfi from the pan to the greased tray. When the burfi is cooled enough (about 30 minutes to one hour), you can cut them into pieces (square or diamond shaped slices) and serve!
Hope you found this post on easy dry coconut burfi recipe without milk helpful in making easy and delicious coconut burfi even without milk!
Leave a Reply