Easy and simple cheese dosa recipe without vegetables can be made quickly in the mornings for kids breakfast and you can even pack this simple and easy cheese dosa for kids lunch box.
I used shredded mozzarella cheese and homemade dosa batter to prepare this dosa. I do not recommend using cheddar cheese for cheese dosa since I have found that it turns out more oily when used for toppings. Shredded mexican blend is another nice cheese to use for this cheese dosa.
You can use homemade dosa batter or store bought dosa batter to make this easy dosa with added cheese. If you are having idli batter with you, you can easily prepare dosa batter by slightly thinning down the batter by adding a little more water.
Adding tomato ketchup or sauce will add more flavor to the dosa making it very delicious.
I also used a tablespoon of this Hunt’s 100% natural tomato ketchup, you can use any tomato sauce as you like, or you may even skip the sauce if you just prefer the cheese dosa without the sauce, though adding the sauce will ensure the dosa to be very delicious and kid friendly.
If you wish to prepare homemade cheese to use in this recipe, see this homemade cheese recipe here.
More Dosa Recipes In This Blog:
- plain dosa recipe
- how to make idli/dosa batter
- wheat dosa recipe
- yellow moong dal dosa recipe
- instant dosa recipe with rice flour
- how to make crispy dosa
So here is how you can easily and quickly make this yummy cheese dosa following this cheese dosa recipe.
Easy & Simple Cheese Dosa Recipe Below
Cheese Dosa Recipe, How To Make Cheese Dosa
- 1/2 cup dosa batter
- 2 tablespoons shredded mozzarella cheese may adjust based on your preference
- 1 tablespoon tomato ketchup or sauce
- 1 tablespoon ghee or oil use little more if needed
- ghee or oil extra, as needed to grease the pan
- Heat an iron pan or non stick pan and grease with oil or ghee.
- When the pan is hot enough, add the batter to the pan and using a ladle spread the batter in circular shape by making circles with the ladle. Wait for 1 to 2 minutes until the batter begins to set.
- Once the batter starts to set in, first add the ketchup and gently spread it almost evenly across the dosa. Since the dosa started to cook and almost set, it will be easy to spread without disrupting the batter.
- Once you spread the ketchip, add in the shredded cheese evenly inside the spread dosa batter. You can add little more shredded cheese if you wish.
- Add the ghee or oil also around the dosa and also add a little inside the dosa almost evenly which will help the dosa to become crispy.
- Wait until the cheese melts and the inside of the dosa looks cooked. Once the cheese is melted and the inside is cooked as well, you can start separating the dosa from the side and gently fold the cheese dosa using a good quality spatula. We should not flip the dosa like regular dosa as the melted cheese will stick onto the pan. So once the inside of the dosa is cooked, we gently fold the dosa (in half) and then gently flip and cook on sides for few extra seconds if desired. Serve the hot cheese dosa with sambar, chutney or any sides as you wish!
Hope you found this post on cheese dosa recipe helpful in making easy and simple cheese dosa for kids.