Easy Peas Pulao Recipe/Matar Pulao Recipe With Dry Green Peas (Using Soaking Method) – One Pot Indian Style Green Peas And Rice Recipe With Mild Spices
This easy peas pulao recipe is one of the most simple pulao recipes you can find, and you can make a quick and easy rice pulao with minimal efforts as there is no cutting or chopping of veggies involved in this easy peas pulao recipe without onions.
I didn’t add onions since I wanted to keep the recipe most simple, but you may add onions and saute it until it lightly browns if you want to add onions also to this easy pulao recipe. So if you are looking to make a simple and easy pulao recipe with very minimal work, this easy peas pulao recipe is for you.
I used dried green peas for this easy peas pulao recipe, which needs advanced soaking in water prior to cooking, but if you have fresh or frozen peas at home, you can add the fresh or frozen peas to make the pulao directly which makes this recipe even more easier and quicker!
The addition of spices and peas, make this pulao rich, delicious and healthy, but yet simple as we do not use any spice powders like masala or even onions, so this peas pulao is easy to prepare and simple too, which you can enjoy with any curry of your choice, fresh yogurt, raita, pickles etc.
This easy matar pulao/peas pulao is a kid friendly rice recipe too as we only use mild spices in this dish. It is easy to prepare and you can pack this in school lunch box or office lunch box or for travel easily.
So here is how you can make this simple and easy matar pulao or peas pulao following this easy peas pulao recipe.
More Green Peas Recipes In This Blog:
Easy Peas Potato Curry Recipe
Easy Peas Pulao Recipe Below
Easy Peas Pulao Recipe, Simple Matar Pulao/Green Peas Pulao Indian Recipe
- 1.5 cups white basmati rice
- 1/2 cup dry green peas if using fresh or frozen peas use 1 cup of peas
- 1/4 teaspoon salt adjust as needed
- 2 cloves garlic crushed or use 2 teaspoons of garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon ginger crushed
- 2 green chilies
- 2 tablespoons butter or ghee
- 5 cups water
- extra water for soaking green peas, this is not needed if using fresh or frozen peas
Whole spices to fry
- 1 large cinnamon sticks
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 star anise
- 3 cardamom pods
- 3 cloves
- Wash the dry green peas and soak the peas for about 6 to 7 hours or overnight for best results. Once the soaking is done, discard the water and wash the green peas in fresh water again, keep the soaked and washed peas aside. If you are using fresh or frozen green peas, you can skip the soaking part.
- Heat the butter in a pan or pot and add the whole spices to fry - cinnamon stick, bay leaves, star anise, cardamom pods and cloves, lightly fry for a minute (keep in medium to low heat and adjust as needed).
- Add the crushed garlic and ginger, stir fry for another minute (you may also use ginger garlic paste instead).
- Add the green chilies and stir well.
- Add the green peas, stir and saute for about 2 to 3 minutes until the green peas is lightly sauteed.
- Add washed rice and mix well, stir fry for another 1 more minute. If needed you may add another tablespoon of oil or butter.
- Add the water and enough salt, mix everything well and bring the mixture to a boil by cooking in high heat.
- When the mixture starts boiling, close the pan with lid, reduce the heat to low and cook for about 10 minutes or another couple of minutes more until the rice and peas is cooked and soft enough.
- Gently mix the matar pulao or green peas rice with a good quality spatula or fluff with a fork, and the hot matar pulao or green peas rice is ready to serve!
Hope you found this post on easy matar pulao recipe without onions or easy and simple Indian style green peas rice recipe helpful in making easy and delicious peas and rice for lunch or dinner.