Easy Vegan Cauliflower Curry Recipe Without Coconut Milk – Easy Cauliflower Curry Recipe – One Pot Cashew Cauliflower Curry Recipe Vegan/Vegetarian Gravy For Rice
Vegan cauliflower curry recipe using fresh cauliflower florets, raw cashew nuts and very few and mild spices along with fresh cilantro leaves (coriander leaves) gives one of the most simple, easy and delicious one pot vegetarian/vegan cauliflower curry for rice, which can also be enjoyed as a yummy and easy side dish with chapati, poori, bhatura or any flatbread as you wish.
If you like simple and tasty vegan cauliflower recipes, try this Indian style stir fried cauliflower recipe, which makes a great side dish with rice.
Just clean the cauliflower as you usually do, separate the florets, grind the cashews and cook up the delicious vegan cauliflower curry to make the most yummy cauliflower gravy for rice. I only used very mild spices in this recipe and if you wish you may add a little (one teaspoon or so) of sugar to the cauliflower curry if you want it on the sweeter side. I didn’t use any sugar and with the mild spices and cashews, this cauliflower curry is so creamy and delicious without coconut or fresh cream. The creaminess of the cauliflower curry comes from the cashews and also the cauliflower itself.
This vegan cauliflower cashew curry is so colorful and it looks golden yellow from the turmeric powder that we use to make the curry (if you use any other strong spices this color would change, so make sure to use the ingredients as mentioned in the recipe if you would like to keep the golden yellow color!).
So here is how you can make this easy, simple and delicious cauliflower cashew curry following this homemade vegan cauliflower curry recipe from scratch.
One Pot Vegan Cauliflower Curry Recipe
Ingredients for vegan cauliflower curry recipe
- Cauliflower 1 medium sized head
- raw cashew nuts 2 cups
- water 3 cups
- ginger garlic paste 2 tablespoons
- oil 2 tablespoons
- salt as needed
- chopped cilantro leaves 2 tablespoons
- turmeric powder 1 teaspoon
Instructions for vegan cauliflower curry recipe
- Wash the cauliflower head very well as you usually do and separate the florets. You don't have to cut the florets too small, as the medium sized florets are what we need for this curry. Once the florets are separated, gently rinse the florets again in water and keep aside.
- Grind the cashews with three cups of water, keep this aside separate from the cauliflower.
- Heat oil in a pan and add the cauliflower florets and enough salt.
- Stir fry the cauliflower florets for about 5 to 6 minutes in low to medium heat until the florets are lightly browned and stir fried, but still crunchy. Make sure not to overly cook the cauliflower as we want the texture of the florets to be crunchy to make the curry most delicious.
- Add the ginger garlic paste and turmeric powder and cook in low heat for another 1 more minute.
- Add the grind cashew mixture to the pan, stir everything well and cook in low heat for another 1 more minute.
- Add the chopped cilantro leaves to the pan, gently mix in, switch off the stove and transfer the pan from the hot stove.
- Cauliflower cashew curry is ready to serve, enjoy the vegan cauliflower cashew curry with rice or any dish as you wish!
Hope you found this post on vegan cauliflower curry recipe helpful in making easy and delicious vegan cauliflower curry from scratch!