Don Lee Farms Veggie Bowls Review – Organic Vegan Gluten Free Veggie Bowls – Quinoa Veggie Bowls – Frozen Organic Veggie Bowls – Non GMO & Organic Veggie Bowls – Review For Done Lee Farms Veggie Bowl From Costco
The Don lee farms veggie bowls are listed as organic, GMO free, Gluten free and vegan with 0 mg of cholesterol.
I have bought the pack of 6 bowls from Costco and enjoyed it for breakfast, lunch as well as dinner.
The don lee farms veggie bowl is usually available to buy from Costco, but you might need to check with your local store if it is still available at the time you are planning to do the shopping.
Notes: This post contains affiliate links to help the readers find the best products. When the readers purchase anything through the links, the author gets a small commission for the purchase, with no extra cost to the readers.
This veggie bowl is basically a quinoa & black bean veggie bowl which is very healthy as well.
Below you can see similar quinoa veggie meals which are great for traveling and they are microwaveable food, which means you can take them to work or traveling and you can heat them up in a microwave for lunch quickly.
See Quinoa meal with roasted peppers & artichoke, which is Non GMO, vegan, gluten free, preservative free and microwaveable – you can easily heat up this in microwave for lunch
See more similar ready to eat healthy Quinoa meals below which you can heat up in microwave and enjoy for lunch or dinner quickly. (Scroll down for the review and microwave instructions for the don lee farms veggie bowls).
If you love quinoa you will love this veggie bowl as well.
I have explained the microwave instructions for this veggie bowl step by step, which you will see in this page as you scroll down.
Quinoa is one of the most healthy super foods and if you are trying to eat healthy following a vegetarian or vegan diet, quinoa is your friend. It is actually a seed with lots of protein and it helps you have a naturally protein rich meal which is very healthy.
Each bowl is a healthy organic mix of black beans with corn and tomatoes, quinoa with kale, carrots and sunflower seeds which are topped with red pepper tomato sauce. You can see that all ingredients mentioned here are actually very healthy foods and this is listed as GMO free so the corn used is naturally GMO free (most of the corn you find in market is genetically modified, so I recommend looking for GMO free corn).
As you can see another major ingredient in the bowl is black beans, which is actually the main ingredient of the bowl I suppose. So if you love black beans and quinoa, you will love this combination as well. Black beans is also one of the best sources of natural veggie protein, so you get protein from the two main ingredients – black beans & quinoa. And don’t worry about the red pepper in the tomato sauce, the dish is not spicy at all!
The total cooking time for the healthy veggie bowl is 6 minutes in the microwave (and this includes 1 minute of standing time in the microwave). Each veggie bowl has got a plastic film on top of the bowl covering the contents in the bowl.
Don lee farms veggie bowls microwave instructions explained
- The instructions start with saying that you should remove the bowl from the outer carton, which means you should just take the individual single veggie bowl from the cart which is a pack of 6 veggie bowls.
- The veggie bowl is wrapped to cover on top with a film, so the next instruction is to pull back the corner of the film for venting. You just need to pull back a little of the film from the corner (don’t remove the entire film from the bowl).
- Now heat on high power in the microwave oven for 2 minutes and 30 seconds.
- Pull back the film from the veggie bowl and stir all contents using a spoon (steel spoon is advisable as many of the contents are still frozen).
- Once you have stirred the contents, put the film back on to the top of the bowl (as before) to cover the top of the bowl.
- Heat on high power again for another 2 minutes and 30 seconds.
- Let the veggie bowl with its contents stand in the microwave for another 1 minute (to complete the cooking).
- The instructions end with asking to hold on to the bowl’s side handles when removing the bowl from the microwave and then remove the film and enjoy.
- I recommend testing the heat before eating the food, as any food heated or cooked in microwave maybe very hot for few minutes.
The instructions on how to cook this on microwave and also the ingredients are clearly mentioned in the package so you can decide if this is the right veggie bowl for you! To me, this veggie bowl is very healthy, tasty and makes a quick and easy breakfast or dinner when I am pressed for time and want to eat healthy.
The total calories in one serving which is one bowl is 370 calories and sodium is 580 mg.
I hope this post on frozen don lee farms veggie bowls review helpful!