This easy garlic mushroom quinoa recipe is one of the most easy quinoa mushroom recipes which you can enjoy for lunch or dinner.
This garlic mushroom quinoa is vegetarian as well as vegan but if you are not vegan you may also replace oil with butter to make it even more rich.
The garlic flavored pan roasted mushrooms is cooked along with the roasted quinoa in the same pot which makes this dish so delicious, and the recipe is so flexible, you can easily tweak this to add your own favorite spices or even other veggies to make it more yummy.
If you love the idea of mushrooms and quinoa, also try this Indian style quinoa with mushrooms which is a similar recipe but prepared using additional spices.
This garlic mushroom quinoa is so filling and can be enjoyed as its own without any side dishes.
I actually love the nutty flavor and the chewy texture of quinoa and so I am trying out new quinoa recipes whenever I can.
Quinoa is kind of a seed which looks much like a grain and it is full of plant based protein which makes a great protein source especially for vegetarian and vegans.
This garlic mushroom quinoa recipe is a quick and easy fix for lunch or dinner if you have washed and cut mushrooms and especially if you are a mushroom lover who likes the nutty flavor of quinoa too, you will love this easy one pot garlic mushroom quinoa.
In fact you can use quinoa in place of rice and other grains in many recipes, see my blog post on quinoa biryani Indian style recipe here which makes a very rich and delicious vegetarian dinner, which is usually prepared using rice.
If you are buying quinoa which is already washed and cleaned, you don't have to wash the quinoa again.
If you buy the unwashed quinoa, you have to wash it or there may be slight bitter taste when you cook it (not always, it depends). It is best to wash the quinoa if you are buying the regular unwashed quinoa, for best results.
It can be little difficult to wash the quinoa as they are so tiny and gets sticky. You can put the quinoa in a good strainer and wash it inside the strainer by holding the strainer under running water from the tap.
Once the quinoa is washed you can keep it for draining the water and once the mushrooms gets ready, you can add the quinoa too to the pan and lightly roast it and then cook it along with the mushrooms.
So here is how you can make this easy and yummy garlic quinoa mushroom following this easy one pot garlic mushroom quinoa recipe.
Easy Simple Garlic Mushroom Quinoa Recipe
- Transfer the quinoa to a strainer and wash under running water, keep aside for draining the water completely. You can skip this step if you are using pre washed quinoa.
- Wash the sliced button mushrooms and keep aside for drying by laying in a paper towel. Make sure the mushrooms are dry before you start cooking the mushrooms. If your mushrooms are clean, you may not need to clean using water, you can just use a mushroom brush for a quick clean up.
- Heat oil in a pan and add the mushrooms.
- Saute the mushrooms in medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add 2 teaspoons of garlic powder, crushed ginger and dill leaves and saute for another 2 more minutes or until the mushrooms start releasing the water.
- Add the quinoa to the pan, reduce the heat and roast the contents for another 1 to 2 minutes so the quinoa will get lightly roasted.
- Add the remaining one spoon of garlic and enough salt, stir well the contents and lightly roast for another 1 more minute.
- Add the water, bring the mixture to a boil and cover the pan and cook in low heat for about 15 minutes or until the quinoa is cooked and transparent (light brown) in color.
- Once the quinoa is cooked, open the pan and if there is any water left (which is fine), keep the pan open and cook in medium heat until the water is all evaporated.
- Once there is no water left in the pan, reduce the heat to very low and stir fry the contents for another 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Garlic mushroom quinoa is ready to serve, switch off the stove, transfer the pan from the hot stove and serve the garlic mushroom quinoa hot!
- You can serve the garlic mushroom quinoa as it is, as the dish is very yummy and filling on its own, or you can serve it with any chutney, vegetarian curry or any dips or sauce, as you wish!
Hope you found this post on easy one pot garlic mushroom quinoa helpful in making yummy mushroom quinoa meal for lunch or dinner!