This instant easy hot sour soup recipe using fresh raspberry is super easy to follow and you can make this few minutes instantly using a microwave oven.
I used sour fresh raspberries so I didn’t need to add anything extra for sourness but if you have less sour raspberries, you can use a little lemon juice to add the sourness.
We use very little ingredients to make this so colorful, yummy and healthy hot raspberry soup, which ca be enjoyed as part of vegetarian weight loss.
This hot sour soup recipe is vegan/vegetarian soup recipe with fruits ad this recipe is unique and exotic but so easy to make from scratch.
If you are looking for a traditional hot sour soup/stew recipe, try this South Indian hibiscus recipe using fresh ed hibiscus flowers and tamarind which is used as a stew or sour curry in South India.
I have used a little pure ginger juice add spiciness and flavor to the soup, which will also make the soup more healthy as ginger is a very healthy spice.
If you don’t have fresh ginger juice, you may also use a pinch of paprika or sprinkle some black pepper powder instead.
I also added a little pure raw honey to add a hint of natural sweetness to the berry soup.
Paprika may be little more hot for some of you, so if you don’t prefer it much spicy, then I recommend using black pepper powder if you don’t have ginger juice.
So here is how you can make this super easy and simple sour raspberry soup following this instant hot sour soup recipe.
Easy Raspberry Soup Recipe Below
Hot Sour Soup Recipe Using Raspberries
- ½ cup Fresh raspberries
- 1 cup water or little more if needed
- salt a pinch, or as needed
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice optional, use only if the raspberries are not sour enough
- 1 teaspoon ginger juice or use a pinch of paprika or black pepper powder
- 1 tablespoon pure raw honey
- Wash the berries thoroughly and transfer to a microwave safe bowl.
- Add water and salt, mix well.
- Microwave in high heat for about a minute.
- Add lemon juice (if using), and ginger juice (or paprika) and gently mash the raspberries with a steel spoon. The raspberries are so delicate that you can easily mash them up using the spoon. Little chunks of raspberries and seeds are fine as they make the raspberry soup more yummy.
- Microwave for another 1 minute.
- Add honey to the mixture, stir the contents and microwave for another 30 seconds. The delicious hot sour raspberry soup is ready, just give a few minutes of cool off time as the soup will be too hot now. After a few minutes to cool off, serve the hot soup while it is still warm or hot enough to handle!
Hope you found this post on hot sour soup recipe using fresh raspberries helpful!