This Indian style pasta recipe topped with roasted cauliflower florets is delicious, healthy and easy to prepare and it is made without cheese though you may always add cheese if you wish.
This Indian style masala pasta with roasted cauliflower florets is vegan but if you do not want to keep this vegan, you can add butter (you can add it one you cooked the pasta or while you add in the sauce) and also add shredded cheese of your choice after you add the sauce and mix in evenly.
However, as we add the spices and roasted cauliflower, this masala pasta is very delicious even without any butter or cheese and this is a great vegetarian/vegan pasta which you can enjoy for lunch or dinner.
You can roast the cauliflower with your favorite spices and keep aside and finally top the pasta with the roasted cauliflower florets as needed.
You can use any pasta shells you like including spaghetti. I have used here store bought vegetarian marinara sauce to which I added the spices and then tossed the cooked pasta with the spiced marinara sauce.
Alternatively you can toss the cooked pasta with spices and then add the sauce too. If you don’t have store bought marinara sauce, you can follow my recipe here to make homemade fresh pasta sauce from fresh tomatoes (in that case you don’t need to add any extra spices since my recipe for pasta sauce is already using spices).
So here is how we can make this simple Indian style masala pasta topped with roasted cauliflower florets following this easy Indian style pasta recipe.
Indian Style Masala Pasta Recipe With Cauliflower Recipe Below
For topping you will need:
Roasted Cauliflower Florets – (Click here to see the recipe for roasted cauliflower florets)
Indian Style Pasta Recipe With Garam Masala & Cauliflower, How To Make Indian Style Masala Pasta
- 16 oz Pasta
- water as needed to cook pasta
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or as needed
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups fresh marinara sauce or as needed
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 2 tablespoons ginger garlic paste
- 2 teaspoons garam masala powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano powder
- 2 cups roasted cauliflower florets or use as you need
- Cook the pasta using salt and water in a large pan, follow the package instructions for cooking time which is usually about 10 or 12 minutes, drain the cooked pasta and keep aside.
- You can add a little oil and toss the cooked pasta shells, which will prevent the shells from getting stick to each other.
- Heat oil in a pan and add the marinara sauce.
- Add all the spices and mix well.
- Cook in low heat for about 2 to 3 minutes at least until the spices are all well blended with the sauce.
- You can even cook more time till the oil starts to separate which will make the sauce more delicious.
- Once the sauce is well combined with the exotic spices, pour the sauce over the cooked pasta and toss well until well combined. Alternatively, you can simply serve the cooked pasta in a plate topped with spoonfuls of prepared sauce (you can use as much sauce as you like).
More Pictures From The Preparation Of Indian Style Masala Pasta Topped With Roasted Cauliflower Florets
Hope you found this post on Indian style pasta recipe – masala pasta recipe – vegan cauliflower pasta recipe helpful!