This Indian style quinoa recipe with mushrooms is a one pot vegetarian recipe perfect for a simple and delicious lunch or dinner for mushroom lovers.
If you love Indian quinoa recipes, see my post here on quinoa biryani recipe.
This Indian style quinoa recipe with mushrooms is actually a make over of this simple one pot quinoa mushroom recipe here.
We use button mushrooms which is first roasted in butter and flavored with garlic.
Then we add the quinoa(using prewashed quinoa make things easier) to the same pan or pot in which mushrooms are roasted and then cook the quinoa along with roasted mushrooms and added spices which makes it so yummy yet healthy and so easy and quick to prepare.
So here is how you can make this Indian style quinoa following this easy and quick one pot Indian style quinoa recipe with mushrooms.
Indian Style Quinoa With Mushrooms Recipe Below
Indian Style Quinoa Recipe With Mushrooms
- 8 ounce button mushrooms sliced
- ¾ cup quinoa washed
- 1.5 cups water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- ½ teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt adjust to taste
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons ginger garlic paste instead use freshly crushed garlic and ginger
- Wash the sliced button mushrooms and pat dry using a towel. If you are not buying sliced mushrooms, you can use a mushroom brush to clean the mushrooms which will make your job easy. Keep the cleaned sliced mushrooms aside.
- If you are using prewashed quinoa, you don't need to wash the quinoa again. Otherwise, transfer the quinoa to a strainer, keep under running water and give a gentle wash for the quinoa, keep this aside to drain any water content left and to dry the quinoa.
- Once the mushrooms and quinoa are clean and dried, heat butter in a pan and when the butter is melted, add the bay leaves and lightly fry for a few seconds.
- Add the sliced mushrooms and saute in medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes until the mushrooms start to release the water.
- Reduce the heat to low, add the ginger garlic paste and salt, cook the mushrooms for about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the quinoa and lightly roast in low heat for about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add enough salt, turmeric powder, cumin seeds powder and red chili powder, stir everything well and roast for another 1 more minute.
- Add the water, mix everything well and cover the pan and cook in low heat for about 15 minutes or until the quinoa is well cooked and light brown in color and look almost transparent.
- Once the quinoa is cooked, open the pan and add the garam masala powder to the pan, stir everything well, cook in low heat for another 2 more minutes, keeping the pan opened.
- If there is anymore water left in the pan, you may cook for another 1 to 2 minutes in low to medium heat until the water is all evaporated. Indian style masala quinoa with mushrooms is ready to serve!
Hope you found this post on Indian style quinoa recipe with mushrooms helpful in making easy and quick Indian style masala quinoa with mushrooms for lunch or dinner.
Leave a Reply