Instant Pot Potato Curry Recipe One Pot Recipe, How To Make Easy Instant Pot Potato Curry For Chapathi, Poori & Rice
Instant pot potato curry recipe helps you to make easy potato curry in instant pot which is flavored with Indian spices. This easy instant pot potato curry is a vegetarian/vegan recipe.
This south Indian Kerala style potato curry made using instant pot is great to go with rice or you can enjoy this as a side dish with chapathi, poori, dosa etc.
You can follow this easy instant potato potato curry recipe as it is to make easy and delicious potato curry or you can also add a south Indian style seasoning to add more flavors and spiciness to the curry.
To make the south Indian style seasoning (which is optional as explained in the instant pot mixed vegetable curry mentioned above), you can saute (using the saute function in instant pot in low setting) 1 teaspoon of brown mustard seeds, curry leaves and few dry red chilies until they are lightly fried for a few seconds. Make sure to splutter the mustard seeds before adding the curry leaves and red chilies, as they may taste bitter otherwise.
If you are making a seasoning, you may skip the curry leaves and coconut oil from the ingredient list as you are adding them while preparing the seasoning.
However, I didn’t add the seasoning, and the simple and easy potato curry is still very delicious and flavorful from the potatoes, onions and spices I used for cooking!
So here is how you can make this easy, simple and yummy instant pot potato curry for chapathi, poori or rice following this easy instant pot potato curry recipe.
Easy Instant Pot Potato Curry Recipe Below
- Potatoes medium sized 6
- onion 1 large
- garlic crushed 2 to 3 cloves
- ginger crushed 1 small piece
- tomatoes 2 large
- coconut oil 1 teaspoon
- curry leaves a few
- green chilies 4
- salt as needed
- water 4 cups
- turmeric powder 1 teaspoon
- red chili powder 1/2 teaspoon
- black pepper powder 1 teaspoon
- cumin seeds powder 1/2 teaspoon
- coriander powder 2 tablespoons
- garam masala powder 1 teaspoon
- Wash and peel the potatoes, cut in medium sized pieces, transfer to the inner pot of instant pot.
- Peel and chop the onions in medium sized pieces, add the chopped onions also to the pot.
- Chop the tomatoes and add this also to the inner pot.
- Add the garlic, ginger, green chilies, curry leaves and enough salt, mix everything well.
- Now add the water and all remaining spices - turmeric powder, red chili powder, cumin seeds powder, coriander powder, black pepper powder and garam masala powder, mix everything well.
- Finally add the one tablespoon of coconut oil and mix all ingredients.
- Close the instant pot with lid on sealing position, press the manual button and cook in high pressure for 8 minutes.
- Once the cooking is over, the instant pot will beep and you can press the 'keep warm' button and wait for the pressure to release naturally which will take a few minutes.
Once the pressure is all naturally released, turn the lid to venting position carefully and open the lid. Stir well and the potato curry is ready to be served!
If you feel the gravy is more for your preference, you can press the saute function and select 'normal', simmer for another few more minutes until the desired thickness is reached.
Once you are done, you can press the 'keep warm' button (in the opposite scenario, if you wish to have more gravy, you can add slightly more water and simmer for a couple of minutes using 'low' in simmer functionality to adjust the thickness of your gravy.
Serve the delicious and easy instant pot potato masala curry with rice, chapathi or poori or dosa as you wish!
Hope you found this easy instant pot potato curry helpful in making delicious, healthy and easy potato curry for rice, chapathi or poori for lunch or dinner.