This one pot mixed vegetable rice recipe using mix of carrots and green bell peppers along with very few spices is so easy to make and it is very simple and delicious meal in itself.
I made this for the 15th of August for Indian Independence Day dinner, as I wanted to make an easy dish of orange, white and green color!
And this did it perfectly and it was very flavorful and quick and easy to make. I had baked a delicious banana cake which was frosted in red, blue and white (using very easy ways to decorate) for July 4th during the American Independence Day as well.
This mixed vegetable rice is very simple as we used only fresh carrots and green bell pepper to make this along with using white basmati rice (you may use your favorite white rice, just adjust the cooking time if using a different rice if needed) and very few spices.
As I wanted to retain the white color of the rice, I had used very few spices that wouldn’t alter the color of the dish.
I used cardamom pods, bay leaves and garlic powder to flavor the rice, which didn’t change the color of the rice. You can also use freshly crushed garlic instead of garlic powder.
So here is how I made this easy mixed vegetable rice following this mixed vegetable rice recipe using carrots and green bell pepper.
Easy Mixed Vegetable Rice Recipe Below
Mixed Vegetable Rice Recipe Carrots & Green Bell Pepper
- Wash and peel the carrots (you can use this potato peeler to peel the carrots so easily).
- Cut the peeled carrots in half and then cut to make medium sized long pieces, keep it aside.
- Wash and slice the green bell pepper, scrape out the seeds and discard the seeds completely. Slice the green pepper in long pieces and you may slice the pieces again in half if you wish. Keep the bell pepper slices aside along with the sliced carrots.
- Heat oil in a medium sized pan and add the cardamom pods and bay leaves, fry for a few seconds.
- Add the diced carrots and bell pepper, saute for about 2 minutes.
- Add the rice, garlic and salt, stir everything well and saute for about another 1 minute.
- Add the water to the pan and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Once the mixture starts boiling, cover the pan and cook in low heat for 10 to 12 minutes or until the water is all absorbed.
- If there is very little water remaining after the rice is cooked, you can keep the pan open and cook in high heat for about a minute or so for the water to evaporate. Keep watching to avoid the rice from burning at the bottom of the pan. Yummy and easy mixed vegetable rice is ready to be served! Enjoy the rice with any vegetable curry, chutney or whatever side dish you love to have it with!
Hope you found this post on mixed vegetable rice recipe with carrots and bell pepper.