Paneer Stir Fry Recipe With Carrots – How To Make Stir Fried Masala Paneer With Carrots
Paneer stir fry recipe with carrots is delicious and easy to prepare. I prepared this paneer stir fry using an iron skillet which made it even more crisp outside, soft inside and delicious.
Making stir fries using a good quality iron skillet definitely makes a difference, however you can also make this paneer stir fry with carrots in a regular pan or kadai as well.
This paneer stir fry with carrots is coated with masala and its a delicious stir fried paneer masala curry with carrots, though its without much gravy or no gravy at all as we stir fry the contents until the little gravy is almost absorbed and the stir fried paneer with carrots is coated with the masala.
So this is curried carrot paneer without gravy, which goes great with rice or chapathi or poori or you can add this to leftover rice to make yummy rice dishes.
I used frozen paneer to make this paneer stir fry recipe, so I had to defrost the paneer first (by microwaving in a microwave safe pate after removing the cover, for about 2 minutes) and then cut the paneer into medium sized cubes. You cana lso use fresh homemade paneer if you have fresh paneer at home.
If you are using fresh paneer, just slice the paneer in medium sized cubes, make sure to cut the paneer gently so as to not crumble the paneer while you slice them.
I used fresh carrots in this paneer stir fry recipe with carrots. I peeled the carrots using this potato peeler which is very helpful in peeling potatoes, carrots, mangoes and other fruits and veggies and then I shredded the carrots in food processor.
I recommend using shredded carrots for this paneer stir fry recipe with carrots, instead of using chopped carrots as the shredded carrots really blend with the paneer adding much flavor to the paneer along with the spices we use in this stir fry recipe.
If you have paneer, shredded fresh carrots and few spices, you can easily make this easy and delicious stir fried paneer following this easy paneer stir fry recipe with carrots. You can enjoy this paneer stir fry with carrots as a side dish with rice or any bread like chapathi or poori or use this filling for any sandwich bread or pita bread or even tacos, or you can add this to leftover cooked rice to make delicious stir fried paneer and rice dishes.
More Carrot Recipes In This Blog:
More Paneer Recipes In This Blog:
So here is how you can make the stir fried paneer with carrots following this paneer stir fry recipe with carrots.
Paneer Stir Fry With Carrots, Carrot Paneer Masala Recipe Below
- Paneer 1 block
- carrots 2 large
- oil 3 tablespoons
- salt as needed
- turmeric powder 1 teaspoon
- red chili powder 1/2 teaspoon
- green chilies 3 to 4
- coriander powder 2 teaspoons
- garam masala powder 1 teaspoon
- cumin seeds powder 1/2 teaspoon
- garlic powder 2 teaspoons
- water 1/2 cup
- Wash and peel the carrots, shred the carrots and keep the shredded carrots aside.
- Cut the paneer into medium sized cubes, make sure to cut gently so the paneer won't crumble.
- In an iron skillet (or a kadai or large pan), add 2 tablespoons of oil and layer the paneer cubes in a layer.
- Sprinkle the salt over the paneer, cook in low heat for about 3 to 4 minutes or until the paneer is lightly cooked and no more sticking hard to the skillet.
- Use a good quality steel spatula to flip the paneer so it will get cooked on the other side too. You can cook it in low heat for another 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the shredded carrots to the same skillet or pan, add the remaining one tablespoon of oil, add enough salt and give a good stir so the paneer, salt and carrots will get mixed up nicely.
- Add the garlic powder and green chilies also to the pan, stir and cook the mixture in low heat for about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the water to the skillet, and bring the mixture to a boil, reduce the heat to very low and cook again for another 1 to 2 minutes.
- Finally add all the spices - turmeric powder, red chili powder, coriander powder, cumin seeds powder and garam masala powder to the skillet, stir every thing well and stir fry the contents for another 2 minutes or until the water is all absorbed and the stir fried paneer and carrots are well coated in the masala.
Paneer stir fry with carrots is ready to be served, enjoy as a delicious side with rice, chapathi or poori as you wish.
Hope you found this post on paneer stir fry recipe with carrots helpful in making easy and delicious stir fried paneer with carrots.