Recipe For Pistachio Pudding Dessert – Kesar Pista Kheer Recipe
Saffron Pistachio Rice Pudding Recipe – Easy Indian Recipe For Pistachio Pudding Dessert Using Pistachios, Saffron And Rice
Saffron Pistachio Rice Kheer Recipe – Indian Saffron Pistachio Rice Pudding Kheer Recipe
Recipe for pistachio pudding dessert or Kesar Pista Kheer recipe is one of the most delicious Indian pudding recipe made of milk, rice, saffron and pistachio as main ingredients.
The pudding or kheer made of milk is flavored with pistachios and saffron and thickened with rice.
Instead of adding pistachios and saffron you may also use pistachio – saffron flavored milk to the pudding.
An excellent way to flavor the milk with pistachios is to soak the pistachios in the milk overnight in refrigerator and you can use this pistachio flavored milk the next day to be used in recipes like this pudding. Another instant method is to roast the pistachios in pure ghee and add milk to this roasted pistachios, let it sit for few minutes or you can slightly heat the mixture for a minute.
These steps are only needed if you want to flavor the milk in advance to the preparation of the pudding or kheer. The only reason why some people prefer to flavor the milk early is that it will add more flavor and light green color of pistachios to the pudding but anyhow this step is not mandatory.
If you didn’t already flavor the milk, that is fine, you can directly start preparations o make the most delicious pistachios pudding dessert using pistachios, saffron, rice and milk as the main ingredients.
Let us go on to the pistachio pudding recipe or kesar pista kheer recipe made with delicious pistachio nuts and saffron and such.
In my recipe for kesar pista kheer or pistachio pudding recipe, I am not flavoring the milk in advance. But you can do so if you wish, which is sure to make it more and more delicious and colorful 🙂
So here you go.
Pistachio Pudding Dessert Recipe – Indian Pistachio Kheer Recipe
Ingredients required – recipe for pistachio pudding dessert
- Pistachios (shells removed) 1/4 cup
- White Basmati Rice 3/4 Cup
- Whole Milk 8 Cups
- Sweetened condensed milk 400 grams
- Sugar 1/2 cup
- saffron strands 4 to 5
- cardamom powder a pinch (or use 1 pod of cardamom)
- Ghee 2 to 3 tablespoons
- Pistachios 6 to 8
- saffron strands 2 to 3
- Ghee 1 tablespoon
Instructions to follow – recipe for pistachio pudding dessert
- Wash the pistachios and rice and then soak the pistachios and rice separately in water for about half an hour (don’t soak the pistachios for garnishing).
- After half an hour, drain the water and keep the rice aside.
- Chop the pistachios or you can process them in a food processor for a few seconds. If you are using a food processor, don’t process it more than few seconds since the pistachios will get chopped quickly. You can even make them into very fine pieces if you don’t want large pieces of pistachios, just make sure you don’t overdo it. I actually used the food processor and made the pistachios into very fine pieces, but that is your choice.
- Heat ghee in a wide bottomed pan,slightly roast the chopped pistachios and rice for a few seconds.
- Add the milk and sugar and heat the mixture of rice, sugar, pistachios and milk together until the mixture starts boiling. Make sure you stir it frequently using a good spatula so as to avoid burning the milk at the bottom of the pan.
- As the milk starts boiling, reduce the heat and cover the pan and cook in low heat for about 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, open the pan and gently mix the contents.
- Add the saffron strands, cardamom powder and sweetened condensed milk to the pan and mix everything well.
- Let it cook in for another 3 to 4 minutes until all the ingredients are well blended together, make sure you keep the pan open and stir the pudding kheer continuously to avoid burning at the bottom of the pan.
- Your pistachio pudding dessert is ready to be garnished now!
- For garnishing, heat ghee in a pan and fry the pistachios for a few seconds.
- Add the slightly fried pistachios to the top of the pudding and also add saffron strands, now your pistachio pudding dessert or kesar pista kheer is ready to be served!
You can enjoy the pistachio pudding or kesar pista kheer hot or warm, but for best results, chill the pudding in the refrigerator and enjoy!!