Easy Quick Paneer Curry Recipe – How To Make/Prepare Quick Paneer Curry Easily – Easy Paneer Curry/Gravy Or Side Dish For Chapathi, Dosa, Rice
Quick paneer curry recipe using frozen or fresh paneer is very easy to follow and you can make yummy paneer curry in very few minutes of time.
Paneer is Indian style cheese which tastes great and Indian paneer curry recipes are quite popular as they are very delicious. If you are looking for a quick paneer curry recipe which you can prepare so quickly and easily without spending a lot of time in kitchen, this is the paneer curry recipe for you.
This quick paneer curry recipe is kid friendly too as we only uses very mild spices to make the paneer curry. If you want to make this spicy, feel free to add chilies or little chili powder based on your preference.
I used fresh tomatoes to make the gravy for this dish and it is super easy to make the gravy with very few spices.
Instead of fresh tomatoes, you can use tomato paste, which can be mixed with water to make the tomato puree for gravy. Now the tomato paste is available in tubes which makes it very easy to use enough paste without having to use an entire can.
We also use few spoons of heavy cream to add richness to the gravy, which is necessary for this recipe. If you are out of heavy cream, you may use a little whole milk but I recommend using heavy cream itself. If you don’t use a lot of heavy cream in house and so if you usually don’t buy heavy cream, it is a very good idea to buy heavy cream powder which can be used as needed by blending with water.
I had store bought paneer which I defrost in the microwave and then cut into cubes, just before preparing the dish. The only thing that took extra time is the defrosting of paneer, as I had to keep it out of the refrigerator for a couple of hours so I could remove the plastic wrap around it. If you have fresh paneer at home this wouldn’t be a problem or you can plan it ahead so you can quickly make the dish as soon the paneer is ready to be defrosted.
So here is how you can make this quick paneer curry following this quick paneer curry recipe.
Quick Paneer Curry Recipe Below
- Paneer 1 block
- salt as required
- tomatoes 2 large or use tomato paste
- ginger garlic paste 2 tablespoons
- green chilies 1
- turmeric powder 1 teaspoon
- red chili powder 1/2 teaspoon
- garam masala powder 1 teaspoon
- coriander powder 1 teaspoon
- cumin seeds powder 1/2 teaspoon
- bay leaves 2 optional
- heavy cream 2 tablespoons
- water 2 to 3 cups adjust the amount slightly as needed for gravy
- oil 1 tablespoon
- butter 2 tablespoons
- sugar 1 tablespoon
- The first step starts with defrosting the paneer block. The paneer that we buy usually has plastic wrapped around it, so in order to make it easy to remove the plastic cover, I usually keep the paneer out of the fridge in room temperature for a couple of hours, and then cut the plastic using a knife (without cutting the paneer) carefully.
- Once the plastic cover is removed, defrost the paneer block in microwave. I usually microwave in high for about 3 minutes which is enough. If you know a better way of defrosting the paneer, you can do it. If you use fresh paneer you can skip steps 1 & 2.
- Cut the defrosted paneer block into medium sized cubes, cut gently to avoid the pieces breaking or crumbling.
- In a blender, blend the tomatoes, green chili and water until you get a smooth pureed tomato mixture.
- Heat oil in a pan and lightly saute the bay leaves.
- Add the ginger garlic paste and saute for another 1 minute.
- Add the tomato mixture to the pan, and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Cook the tomato mixture in medium to low heat until the tomato gravy starts to separate from the oil, which will take a few minutes.
- Once the tomato gravy is cooked and the gravy starts to separate from the oil, add the butter, salt, turmeric powder, red chili powder, coriander powder and cumin seeds powder to the tomato mixture and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add the garam masala powder and cook for another 1 more minute in low heat.
- Add the sugar and mix well, saute the mixture for another 1 minute so the sugar will dissolve and all the ingredients will nicely blend together. Now the base gravy for the paneer curry is ready.
- Gently transfer the paneer cubes to the pan with the cooked tomato gravy, gently stir the contents using a good quality spatula to coat the paneer cubes with gravy, without crumbling the paneer.
- Cover and cook in low heat for about 4 to 5 minutes in low heat or until the paneer is cooked and soft.
- Keep the heat at very low, and add the heavy cream (or use whole milk if there is no cream) to the curry, gently stir to mix the contents well.
- Switch off the stove and immediately remove the pan from the stove, and keep the stove away from heat. Yummy, quick and easy paneer curry is ready to serve!
Serve the delicious and easy paneer curry with rice for lunch or dinner or enjoy it as a quick yummy side dish with dosa, chapathi, poori etc.
Hope you found this post on quick paneer curry recipe helpful!