This rice kheer with condensed milk (rice pudding recipe) using pressure cooker method is easy to follow and you get very delicious and creamy rice pudding for dessert which can be made quickly.
Make sure to use a large sized pressure cooker (I used 5 liter pressure cooker) to avoid the mess of milk boiling over.
This rice pudding recipe uses sweetened condensed milk and it is made as an Indian style pudding dessert known as Indian rice kheer or rice payasam in India.
You can also make creamy rice pudding using sweetened condensed milk without a pressure cooker, following the recipe here.
Indian rice kheer with milkmaid recipe known as rice payasam recipe or white rice pudding recipe made with milkmaid(or any sweetened condensed milk) in pressure cooker gives the best rice kheer ever.
Some time back I tried this rice kheer recipe using sweetened condensed milk from Amul, by following the recipe instructions mentioned in the condensed milk tin with very few variations of my own.
The result was awesome. So if you have condensed milk that is sweetened and want to make payasam/kheer in pressure cooker, do try this recipe!
If you don’t want to use a pressure cooker and if you want to make the rice kheer using sweetened condensed milk, follow the recipe here for making the rice kheer with milkmaid in a pan, which too gives awesome results.
The recipe from Amul called for 100 grams of rice, but I have the measuring cups with me, so I used ½ cup of rice which is slightly more than 100 grams. And the kheer turned out really well.
So here is how I made this creamy rice pudding or Indian style rice kheer/payasam following this easy rice pudding recipe pressure cooker method.
As I already mentioned above, make sure to use a large sized pressure cooker (do not use small sized pressure cookers) to prepare this to avoid the risk of milk boiling over.
We use a little ghee in the recipe to make it more yummy and flavorful.
More Rice Kheer Recipes In This Blog:
- rice kheer recipe without pressure cooker
- microwave rice kheer using leftover rice
- rice payasam Kerala recipe
- instant pot rice pudding recipe
More Payasam Recipes In This Blog:
- badam payasam recipe with condensed milk
- aval payasam recipe with condensed milk
- semiya payasam recipe with condensed milk
- ada payasam with condensed milk(palada payasam)
- moong dal payasam with sugar
- pistachio payasam kheer recipe
- apple kheer recipe
Pressure Cooker Rice Pudding/Rice Kheer/Rice Payasam Recipe Below
Rice Kheer With Condensed Milk
- ½ cup white rice I used white basmati rice
- 1 liter Milk (about 4 cups)
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- 400 grams sweetened condensed milk I used 1 can of Amul Mithai Mate. You may also use any other sweetened condensed milk
- Heat ghee in a large size pressure cooker (I used 5 liter pressure cooker, you can also use a 6 quart one) and stir fry rice for about 2 minutes. Make sure rice do not change in color.
- Add milk and boil, stirring frequently.
- When the milk boils, close the pressure cooker and cook for 3 whistles or about 8 to 10 minutes in medium heat.
- Allow the pressure cooker to cool down.
- Once the pressure cooker is cooled, open the lid of the pressure cooker and add the sweetened condensed milk.
- Stir well and cook in medium flame for about 5 to 7 minutes. Make sure you stir the kheer continuously to avoid burning.
- Kheer is ready to serve after seven minutes of cooking, you can serve it hot or cold as you wish!
Hope you found this post on creamy rice pudding recipe pressure cooker method on stove top helpful.
Leave a Reply