Simple Indian Mushroom Stir Fry Recipe Without Onions & Without Garlic
Simple Indian mushroom stir fry recipe is very easy to follow and you get crispy and yummy stir fried mushrooms that even mushroom haters may like.
I am not a big fan of mushrooms but I have few mushroom recipes like this mushroom peas curry recipe which I like very much.This simple Indian mushroom stir fry recipe is one of the mushroom recipes that I love to have with rice for lunch or dinner as a dry side dish.
This Indian mushroom stir fry recipe is vegetarian/vegan mushroom recipe which is made without onions or garlic, so you can see how simple this mushroom stir fry is made just with fresh mushrooms, spices, salt and oil to stir fry the mushrooms.
You can use your favorite oil, but I recommend using any regular cooking oil without strong flavors to make this simple and crispy mushroom stir fry. I used Non GMO canola oil to make the mushroom stir fry, but as I mentioned you can use other oils without much flavor, like sunflower oil to make the stir fry.
I recommend buying washed mushrooms to make this stir fry, and not washing them again, to prevent the absorption of any more water. You can just lightly brush off the mushrooms to clean up them before cooking, if necessary.
Mushrooms have a lot of water in them and to make them crispy, you really need to stir fry the mushrooms until all the water from the mushrooms is released and the water is all evaporated.
So here is how you can make this easy simple and crispy mushroom stir fry following this Indian mushroom stir fry recipe.
Simple Indian Mushroom Stir Fry Recipe
Ingredients for Indian mushroom stir fry recipe
- sliced mushrooms 2 cups (I recommend buying already washed and cleaned mushrooms)
- salt as needed
- oil 3 tablespoons
- dry ginger powder 1/2 teaspoon
- garam masala powder 2 teaspoons
- cumin seeds powder 1/2 teaspoon
- dry red chilies 4 to 5
- fresh curry leaves a few
- bay leaves 2
Instructions for Indian mushroom stir fry recipe
- Heat oil in a large pan and lightly fry the bay leaves.
- Add the red chilies and curry leaves and fry for a few seconds.
- Add the cleaned and sliced mushrooms to the pan, stir fry for about 10 to 12 minutes or until the water is all released and evaporated.
- The stir fried mushrooms will start to change in color by turning slightly brown.
- Add the salt, ginger powder, cumin seeds powder and garam masala powder to the stir fried mushrooms, cook in low heat for another 2 minutes.
- Transfer the stir fried crispy mushrooms to a bowl! You may use a bowl lined with paper towel, to absorb any excess oil if necessary.
Serve the crispy stir fried mushrooms with rice for a vegetarian or vegan lunch or dinner, along with any other vegetarian curry you like.
Hope you found this post on Indian mushroom stir fry recipe helpful!