Creamy Spinach And Potato Curry Recipe Without Coconut – How To Make Creamy Aloo Palak Curry Recipe For Chapathi And Rice – How To Prepare Spinach And Potato Curry/Gravy For Chapathi & Rice
This creamy spinach and potato curry recipe is so easy, delicious and make a wonderful gravy or curry for chapathi, poori or rice. You can also use this spinach and potato curry as a side dish with dosa or any flatbread as you wish.
Fresh heavy cream is a must ingredient in this spinach and potato curry recipe to make it the most creamy and delicious. If you don’t have fresh heavy cream, you may also use heavy cream powder to make fresh heavy cream at your home.
The best thing about this simple yet so delicious spinach and potato curry is that it is super easy to make as we only need to do very little for the preparation before cooking, and the cooking part too is very easy. There are many potato curry recipes in this blog, you can find all potato curry recipes in my blog here.
Just make sure to use the ingredients mentioned in the recipe card and you will have an amazingly delicious spinach potato curry. This is the best spinach and potato curry recipe I ever tried with so minimal efforts that I could quickly prepare this curry to be used as a side dish for chapathi to go with dinner.
If you have some fresh spinach (palak) and just one potato along with one fresh tomato, few spices and fresh cream, you can easily make this spinach and potato curry for dinner.
I used canola oil (GMO free) in this recipe, but you can use whichever oil you like, and you may even use butter for a more rich and delicious flavor. Or you can use olive oil or coconut oil or any oil of your choice.
Make sure to use the other ingredients just as they are suggested for the best results! In this easy spinach potato curry we do not use many spices, yet it is very creamy and delicious.
We do not use much water to cook the potato pieces, as the potato pieces will almost get cooked with the juices from tomato and spinach itself and it will make the gravy more yummy and flavorful along with the addition of fresh heavy cream.
We use one teaspoon of sugar to compensate the slight bitter taste from the three cups of spinach we use, and so using sugar in this recipe is very necessary.
So here is how you can make simple and easy spinach and potato curry or aloo palak gravy for chapathi and rice following this easy and simple spinach and potato curry recipe.
Spinach And Potato Curry Recipe
- Fresh Spinach chopped 3 cups
- potatoes 1 large use 2 if using medium sized potatoes
- tomatoes 1
- oil 3 tablespoons
- salt as needed
- turmeric powder 1 teaspoon
- red chili powder 1/2 teaspoon
- fresh heavy cream 3 tablespoons
- sugar 1 teaspoon
- chopped fresh coriander leaves cilantro leaves 1/2 cup
- water 1 cup
- Wash the potato, peel and cut in to small sized pieces, keep aside.
- Wash the tomato and chop into small pieces, keep aside with the potatoes.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a pan and add the chopped spinach, potato and tomato pieces to the pan and add enough salt, no need to stir at this point.
- Keep heat in low and let it cook for about 2 minutes, so the spinach will start to wilt and reduce in amount.
- Once the spinach has started to wilt, you can stir in the contents and cook the contents in low heat for about 5 to 6 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add about half cup of water to the pan, mix well and cook in low heat for another 7 to 8 minutes or until the potatoes are completely cooked and there is not much liquid left in the pan.
- Add the remaining half cup of water, turmeric powder and red chili powder to the pan and stir everything well.
- Cook the contents in very low heat for another 3 to 4 minutes or until the potatoes are really soft and the curry has thickened.
- Add the fresh cream and remaining one spoon of oil to the pan, mix everything well.
- Add the sugar and stir the contents again and cook in low heat for another 2 more minutes while keep stirring the contents. Make sure to the heat very low once you have added the cream.
- Finally add the cilantro leaves (coriander leaves) and stir well to mix with the curry.
- Delicious spinach and potato curry is ready to serve now, you can switch off the stove and make sure to keep the pan away from heat so as to avoid the cream from curdling.
- Serve the delicious and creamy spinach and potato curry with chapathi, poori or rice as you wish!
More Pictures From The Preparation Of Spinach And Potato Curry
Hope you found this post on spinach and potato curry helpful in making easy and yummy spinach potato curry for lunch or dinner or breakfast!