Simple Tomato Curry For Chapathi Kerala Style – Tomato Curry Without Coconut – Thakkali Curry For Chapathi – Thakkali Curry Recipe
Easy Tomato Curry Recipe – No Onion No Garlic Recipes For Chapathi
How To Make Tomato Curry For Chapathi – How To Make Thakkali Curry For Chapathi, Dosa, Or Idli
Tomato curry for chapathi or thakkali curry for chapathi (as said in malayalam language where word thakkali means tomato) without onion, garlic or coconut can be made using minimum ingredients with very little effort. You can make this easiest tomato curry for chapathi within minutes. This simple and easy tomato curry recipe without coconut is also a no onion no garlic recipe and this is so delicious.
See my post on onion curry for chapathi here which is one of the most easy recipes for Indian onion curry.
See my post on tomato onion curry for chapathi here where we use both onions and tomatoes to make the curry.
This easy tomato curry recipe without coconut or onion or garlic is one of the best and easiest side dishes for chapathi, nan or other Indian flatbread, but you can also use it for rice or whatever you wish. As I already mentioned above, in malayalam language, tomato is known as thakkali and so tomato curry in malayalam language is known as thakkali curry, and this tomato curry or thakkali curry is best for chapathis but you can also use with rice or dosa or idli as you wish.
I always loved tomato based recipes for chapathis as they can be made really quick. There are different kinds of tomato based side dishes perfect for chapathis. Recently I made this tomato curry for chapathi for morning breakfast and while I didn’t plan it earlier, it took me only less than 15 minutes to finish preparing the dish. Yes, this tomato curry for chapathi without coconut or without onions and garlic is so easy to prepare. You need to chop only two fresh tomatoes and you can make this yummy and easy tomato curry recipe in minutes.
Also you may try different curry sauces as you see below which can used for this recipe as well as other curry recipes if you wish.
Let us go on to to the recipe for this simple and easy tomato curry for chapathi made using fresh tomatoes and spices.
Tomato Curry Recipe Without Coconut
Makes 2 servings
Ingredients needed to make this simple and easy tomato curry for chapathi
- Fresh tomatoes 2
- turmeric 1/2 teaspoon
- cumin seeds powder 1/2 teaspoon
- garam masala powder 1 teaspoon
- black pepper powdered 1/4 teaspoon
- salt as required
- Oil 2 tablespoons
- Mustard seeds 1/2 teaspoon
- curry leaves a few (optional)
Instructions to make the simple and easy tomato curry for chapathi
- Cut the tomatoes in small pieces and keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add the mustard seeds.
- When the mustard seeds start spluttering, add the curry leaves and fry for few seconds.
- Add the chopped fresh tomatoes to the pan, be careful while doing this so as to avoid the hot oil splashing. I use a spatula with long handle to transfer the tomatoes gently into the pan without splashing the oil.
- Add salt and mix well.
- Cook in medium to high heat for few minutes, say 3 to 4 minutes, with stirring in between to make sure the curry is not burning at the bottom of the pan.
- As the tomatoes get cooked, the juice of the tomatoes will be released and the gravy is formed naturally when it combines with the oil.
- Add the spices – turmeric powder, cumin seeds powder, garam masala powder and black pepper to the tomato gravy in the pan to make a delicious tomato gravy with small chunks of tomatoes in spices
- Mix everything well and cook for another two minutes.
- Delicious tomato curry for chapathi ready to serve!
Enjoy with chapathis, rice, bread or whatever dish you like it to be served with!
For best results, serve the tomato curry hot. If you want very less gravy, you can cook for more minutes stirring frequently.
Hope you like this simple and easy tomato curry for chapathi!