Indian Red Lentil Dal Curry Soup With Lemon, Tomatoes And Spices
Red lentil dal soup with lemon juice, tomatoes and spices makes an easy, quick, nutritious and delicious lentil soup in the instant pot pressure cooker!
- 2 cups red lentils (masoor dal)
- 3 cups water or vegetable broth
- salt adjust to taste
- 1 medium sized onion peeled and chopped
- ¼ cup lemon juice from one medium sized lemon
- 4 medium sized tomatoes sliced
- 2 green chilies finely chopped, optional
- 1 tablespoon garlic minced or chopped
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- ½ teaspoon red chili powder
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ¼ cup heavy cream or thick coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon cilantro leaves chopped for garnishing, optional
Wash the red lentils very well and add to the instant pot.
Also add the chopped onion & tomatoes, garlic and green chilies (if using).
Also add water, lemon juice salt, butter and spice powders, mix well.
Close the instant pot with lid in sealing position and cook in high pressure for 7 minutes.
Once the cooking is done, wait for a natural pressure release.
Once the pressure is all released, carefully open the instant pot, stir the contents.
Add the heavy cream and stir to combine with the dal curry, garnish with chopped cilantro leaves if desired.
Serve the easy, delicious red lentil tomato dal curry soup as it is or serve it as a dal curry with cooked rice or chapathi or poori as you like!
Calories: 311kcal | Carbohydrates: 44g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 1g | Monounsaturated Fat: 2g | Trans Fat: 1g | Cholesterol: 24mg | Sodium: 105mg | Potassium: 826mg | Fiber: 20g | Sugar: 5g | Vitamin A: 1024IU | Vitamin C: 22mg | Calcium: 61mg | Iron: 5mg