This bell pepper pasta recipe is so easy to make from scratch and it is so colorful, healthy & filling meal for a vegetarian lunch & dinner.
I used red bell pepper and also orange and yellow bell peppers to add to this pasta which added much flavor and color to this pasta dish.
And it is so easy to make. You don’t need many vegetables to make this delicious and healthy pasta, as we only use a variety of bell peppers and also fresh tomatoes other than the cooked pasta and marinara sauce.
You may also add a few spices of your choice if you like.
This easy and delicious bell pepper pasta is free of cheese and butter (free of any dairy products) so this is a vegetarian as well as dairy free pasta which is full of flavor.
If you use any vegan pasta and vegan marinara sauce, you can easily make sure the dish is vegan as well since the rest of the ingredients are vegan.
So here is how I made this delicious vegetarian pasta without cheese, following this simple & easy bell pepper pasta recipe.
Easy Bell Pepper Pasta Recipe Below
Bell Pepper Pasta Recipe, Vegetarian Bell Pepper Pasta Recipe
- 16 oz Pasta
- 3 bell peppers I used red, orange & yellow bell peppers
- 4 fresh tomatoes
- 2 cups marinara sauce (adjust as needed)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (adjust to taste)
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder or crushed fresh garlic or minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder (optional)
- Cook the pasta according to the package instructions, drain the water and keep aside.
- Add a few drops of olive oil to the cooked pasta, so the shells won't stick each other.
- Wash the bell peppers and slice to remove the seeds. Slice the peppers into medium sized pieces (after removing all seeds).
- Heat oil in a pan and add the bell peppers.
- Saute the bell peppers for about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile wash the tomatoes, chop into medium sized pieces and keep aside.
- Once the peppers are sauteed, add the salt and chopped tomatoes, mix well. Reduce the heat to medium and cook for about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add garlic and oregano powder and also turmeric if you are using it and mix all until well blended with the vegetables. Turn off the stove and keep this mixture aside.
- Add enough marinara sauce to the cooked pasta and mix well, switch on the stove and heat in low heat for about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the bell pepper mixture to the pasta (with the sauce) and mix well. Heat for another 1 minute so everything is blended well and the bell pepper pasta is ready to serve! Enjoy the easy, healthy and yummy bell pepper pasta for a delicious vegetarian lunch, brunch or dinner!
Below you can see more pictures from the preparation of this easy and delicious bell pepper pasta
Hope you found this post on bell pepper pasta recipe helpful in making easy, healthy, delicious and colorful bell pepper pasta!