Corn On The Cob In Oven Easy Recipe – How To Make Corn On The Cob In Oven Using Mini Extra Sweet Frozen Corn On The Cob
In this easy and simple recipe for corn on the cob in oven, I used mini sweet corns (extra sweet mini ears of corn) which were frozen and they turned out delicious.
See my blog post on making perfect boiled corn on the cob using fresh corns here.
You can also use regular fresh corns to make corn on the cob in oven using this method. The mini corn ears I used were extra sweet so if you are using regular corns I recommend adding a spoon of sugar to the mix to make it more sweet if you wish.
This mini corn on the cob in oven is a very kid friendly recipe and it is perfect for kids as it is more easy for them to hold with their hands and they are naturally more sweet and delicious. I used frozen mini corns but you can also use fresh corns instead of frozen ones. I didn’t defrost the corns before baking, I just washed them and used in the recipe.
I recommend using the corn on the cob made using the frozen corns to be used soon, as I do not recommend refrigerating it again after baking ( I think it is best to use any frozen foods immediately after cooking).
So here is how you can make this mini corn on the cob in the oven following this easy recipe for corn on the cob in oven using frozen mini sweet corn ears.
Things you need to make this mini frozen corn on the cob in oven
- baking sheet
- aluminium foil
Corn On The Cob In Oven Using Frozen Mini Sweet Corns
- 6 mini corn ears
- 1/4 teaspoon salt adjust based on your preference
- 2 tablespoons butter softened
- 2 teaspoons black pepper powder optional
- Preheat oven to 450 degree Fahrenheit.
- Wash the corns very well and dry using a paper towel, keep the corns aside.
- In a bowl, mix together the softened butter, salt and black pepper very well until well blended.
- Line the baking sheet with foil or non slip baking mat and arrange 6 pieces of aluminium foil which will be used to wrap the corns.
- Place each mini corn in the separate foils and brush generously with the butter mixture. If the frozen corns were not defrosted earlier (I didn't defrost, I just washed and used as it is), the butter will solidify faster, but it is perfectly fine. Make sure to brush all the sides of the corn with the butter mixture.
- Now gently wrap the corn ears inside the foils and arrange the wrapped foils in a single layer in the baking sheet.
- Bake for about 30 minutes by then the corns will be nicely baked in the oven.
- Once you transfer the baked corns from the oven, let it sit there for a while (for about 10 to 15 minutes) in the wrapped foil which will make it more delicious.
- While the corn is still warm, remove the foil wrap and enjoy the warn mini corn on the cob for a delicious side for lunch or dinner or enjoy as a snack!
Hope you found this post on corn on the cob in oven helpful in making easy and delicious corn on the cob in oven using frozen mini sweet corns or fresh corns as you wish.