This sticky and extra moist fresh apple cake recipe is one of the most best and easy fresh apple cakes recipes made from scratch using fresh apples.
I made this best sticky and moist fresh apple cake recipe without any eggs as I already had used eggs for other recipes on the same day. I didn’t want to use too may eggs the same day, so I decided to go for an egg less apple cake .
And I used apple cider vinegar in this apple cake along with the use of three fresh and sweet apples.
The use of apple cider vinegar helped me replace the eggs as well as made the cake extra moist and full of pleasant and fresh apple flavor.
Let us see the recipe for this delicious homemade, sticky, easy and best moist fresh apple cake recipe from scratch.
Sticky Moist Fresh Apple Cake Recipe
- 3 medium sized fresh apples (if large apples, you may use just two!)
- 1.5 cups all purpose flour
- 1.5 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 1 stick butter softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar (make sure you don't overuse the vinegar)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Peel the apples, discrad the seeds and slice them in to medium sized pieces. Sprinkle some sugar (about one teaspoon is enough) and keep it aside. It is a good idea to keep the sliced apples in refrigerator until we are ready to mix it with the batter, so the apples will remain fresh.
- In a bowl, mix together the dry ingredients - flour, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon powder.
- In another bowl, beat together the butter and sugar.
- Add milk and vanilla extract to the butter and sugar mixture.
- Add apple cider vinegar to the wet ingredients mixture (butter sugar milk mixture) and gently mix everything together.
- Add this wet ingredients mixture slowly to the bowl of dry ingredients mixture with flour, and mix everything well to form the cake batter.
- Finally add the apple slices to the cake batter and gently fold in the apples to the batter using a spoon. You can even out the slices in the batter by using a spoon very gently.
- Preheat oven to 350 degree Fahrenheit.
- Grease an 8 inch cake pan (I used a square steel cake pan) with a little butter or oil, layer with parchment paper and pour the cake batter into it.
- Bake for about 50 to 55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted through the center of the cake comes out clean.
- When my apple cake is done, it filled my home with the pleasant smell of apples and cinnamon!Allow the cake to cool completely before you try to remove the cake from the pan.Enjoy the delicious, moist and fresh apple cake with tea or coffee!
Hope you like this post on sticky moist apple cake recipe using apple cider vinegar!