This healthy spinach soup recipe (low calorie) is easy to follow and this is a dairy free spinach soup recipe as well and it is made using fresh spinach leaves along with few other ingredients.
This spinach soup recipe without cream is delicious but dairy free so it is a vegan spinach soup recipe as well.
Spinach is known as palak in India and so this soup recipe is known as palak soup recipe as well in India. This is the perfect soup to try if you are a vegetarian or vegan and if you are looking for a healthy soup alternative to the one with dairy products like cream.
As most of the yummy and creamy spinach soups uses heavy cream or such, this spinach soup is free of any dairy products and so its perfect even if you are following a vegetarian or vegan diet.
This spinach soup recipe is also a very easy spinach soup recipe as we only use very few ingredients for the preparation of the soup and the instructions are so simple & easy to follow.
We use fresh spinach and coconut milk to prepare this delicious vegan spinach soup from scratch.
You can buy coconut milk powder from here, which can be used to make coconut milk.
Spinach soup made with coconut milk is healthy and delicious and it is a great way to add the healthy leafy greens to your diet. In fact, I never though spinach soup can be this delicious before having this soup.
I just wanted to use the extra spinach sitting in my fridge for over a week, and decided to try a soup. I also added a little oats to the soup to make it thicker, the addition of oats and coconut milk made this soup creamy and delicious.
I haven’t used any butter or oil to the spinach soup recipe as this is a dairy free vegan spinach soup recipe. The use of coconut milk and oats will add thickness and great flavor to this delicious spinach soup.
You might like to see my post on healthy vegan avocado smoothie recipe.
Healthy Vegan Spinach Soup Recipe
- 3 cups spinach leaves
- 2 cups water
- salt as needed
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 2 tablespoons oats
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- Wash the spinach very well, transfer the cleaned spinach to a pot or pan.
- Add the water also to the pan and bring the water to a boil and cook the spinach in boiled water (in medium to high heat) for about 3 to 4 minutes or until the spinach is well cooked.
- When the cooked spinach is cooled, blend it well in the blender along with the water used for cooking.
- Transfer the contents back to the pot or pan, and add cumin seeds and oats to it.
- Cook the mixture in high heat until the soup starts boiling.
- When the soup begins to boil, add the coconut milk and salt, cook in low heat for about 3 more minutes. Now the spinach soup is ready to be served!
Hope you found this post on healthy spinach soup recipe – vegan spinach soup recipe helpful!
Last Updated on