Easy instant pot carrot ginger soup recipe uses fresh carrots, ginger root and also very few other ingredients to make this delicious, comforting and simple winter soup.
This carrot ginger soup recipe is very flexible and you may also make caramelized carrot soup in the instant pot if you roast the carrots in the butter before you start making the soup (I made it without roasting the carrots first to make it more simple).
You can make this carrot ginger soup in a regular pressure cooker or instant pot, though I prefer the instant pot to make the soup as I find it more easy to do and I find it way more delicious too when made in the instant pot.
This instant pot carrot ginger soup recipe is a vegetarian soup recipe, and if you replace the butter with vegan butter or coconut oil (or any oil you prefer), you can make this soup vegan too.
If you are vegan, you can also buy delicious vegan carrot ginger soup online from here if you like.
I prefer to use butter in this carrot ginger soup recipe, as the butter really makes this soup more flavorful, delicious and rich and will also help to caramelize the carrots if you wish to make caramelized carrot soup.
Since I wanted to make this most simple and easy, I just added all ingredients to the instant pot and let it do the job!
However, for even more flavor or if you like to make caramelized carrot soup, you can add the butter in the beginning, set in saute function, adjust to normal, and as the butter is melted, you can add the carrots and roast the carrots for few minutes (about 4 minutes should do the job).
Then go on to make the soup as directed in the instructions which will add even more flavor from the roasted/caramelized carrots.
This instant pot carrot ginger soup recipe is perfect if you are looking for an easy, delicious vegetarian soup for fall, thanksgiving or to comfort yourself during the cold winter nights.
The combination of carrots and ginger is awesome and the addition of ginger makes the soup more healthy for winter as the ginger has the power to soothe you if you have cold, flu etc.
With instant pot, you can easily make this soup, and its even more easy to do if you have immersion blender which you can use to blend the ingredients in the pot itself not needing to wait for the contents to cool down before you puree them.
And this ginger carrot soup is so colorful from the vibrant orange colors of carrots which is perfect for autumn/fall dinners or thanksgiving dinners if you are looking for a simple and delicious vegetarian soup to enjoy for thanksgiving dinner.
This easy vegetarian pumpkin carrot soup recipe is also another easy and delicious vegetarian soup recipe perfect for a vegetarian thanksgiving.
So here is how you can make this easy and delicious carrot ginger soup following this easy instant pot carrot ginger soup recipe.
Easy Instant Pot Carrot Ginger Soup Recipe Below
Instant Pot Carrot Ginger Soup Recipe
- 5 medium to large sized carrots
- 1 tablespoon butter
- ¼ teaspoon salt adjust to taste
- 1 inch piece ginger
- 3 cloves
- 5 cups water
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- Peel the carrots, chop the carrots into small sized pieces, transfer the chopped carrots to the inner pot of instant pot.
- Peel the ginger, chop roughly and add it to the pot.
- Add the salt, cloves, butter and also 3 cups of water to the pot and close the pot with lid in sealing position.
- Press the 'soup' button and adjust the cooking time to 20 minutes (initially it shows 30 minutes use the '-' button to reduce the minutes). It will take a few minutes until the needed pressure is built up inside the pot and the instant pot starts cooking.
- Once the cooking is done, the pot will beep and you can press the 'keep warm/cancel' button. Wait for the instant pot to naturally release all the pressure.
- Once NPR is done (natural pressure release), open the pot by turning the lid to venting position.
- You can use an immersion blender to blend the ingredient to smooth texture, or wait until the contents are cooled so you can easily blend the contents in a regular blender until very smooth.
- Once the contents are pureed, return back the contents to the pot, add the remaining 2 cups of water, stir and press the saute function and simmer in normal mode. Stir as needed.
- Meanwhile, in a small cup, mix together the cornstarch and a small amount of the pureed soup without any lumps. Make sure there is no lumps in the cornstarch mixture (you may filter it if necessary) so as to avoid any lumps in the soup.
- Add the smooth cornstarch mixture to the pot and simmer the contents for about 2 minutes (stirring often) and delicious carrot ginger soup is ready to be served! Make sure to serve the delicious carrot ginger soup warm for best results!
Hope you found this post on instant pot carrot ginger soup recipe helpful in making easy and delicious carrot soup for fall, thanksgiving or winter, whenever you wish to have a healthy and delicious comforting soup!