Buttered corn in instant pot using frozen corn kernels makes an easy, nice, delicious side dish for any meal including lunch or dinner or it can be enjoyed as a quick snack! Buttered corn is super easy to make, especially in the instant pot.
I have more easy corn recipes like this oven roasted frozen corn, mini corn on the cob with foil, instant pot corn on the cob with butter and milk, sweet corn pulao, eggless cornbread and more! The texture of the prepared corn is soft buttery, naturally sweet & delicious! It also has the slightly salty & spicy flavors from the salt and black pepper we add (you may adjust the ingredients for different flavors).
In this simple, easy buttered corn recipe, we use frozen corn kernels to make the buttery, delicious corn straight in the instant pot!
Sweet corn is one of the most loved foods in my home and that's in my kids' favorite foods list too.
What Is Buttered Corn?
Buttered corn is simply corn seasoned with butter (and black pepper or other mild spices as you like) which makes a great vegetarian side dish for any dinner.
They are for holiday dinners like Christmas, Thanksgiving etc but they are great for everyday meals as well! In fact, it's one of the most easy dishes you can make using fresh or frozen sweet corn kernels and it's a great kid friendly side dish as well!
Buttered corn can be made using just butter & corn or you can add more flavors or spices based on your preferences. In this recipe, I also used a little black pepper powder which goes great with the flavors of buttered sweet corn.
how to prepare buttered corn in instant pot using frozen corn kernels?
We use the following ingredients to make easy, delicious buttered corn in the instant pot.
ingredients used to make buttered corn
- frozen corn 12 oz
- butter 4 tablespoons
- salt adjust to taste
- black pepper powder ¼ teaspoon (optional)
- water 2 tablespoons
step by step instructions to make buttered corn in instant pot
- Add the frozen corn kernels, salt and black pepper to the instant pot, stir well.
- Add the water, gently stir in and place the butter on top (if using sliced cold butter).
- If you are using melted butter, you can directly stir in with the corn but the melted butter will solidify fast so it may be sligtly difficult to stir in.
- If using melted butter, you can use the spoon to break the solidified butter clusters and then stir well.
- Cover the instant pot with lid in sealing position and cook in high pressure for 2 minutes.
- Once the cooking is done, wait for a natural pressure release for about 10 to 12 minutes. You can do a careful & gradual manual pressure release after that.
- Once the pressure is all released, carefully open the lid and stir the soft & perfectly cooked corn.
- If there is any water content left, you may press the saute button and saute for about a minute or two.
- Serve hot for best results!
how to store buttered corn?
Buttered corn using frozen corn is best served hot as soon as it's prepared!
However, if you want to store the prepared corn for later use, you can transfer the corn to any air tight food container and store in refrigerator for another one to two days.
Since we used frozen corn in the preparation, I do not recommend storing this for longer time. If you prepared the dish using fresh corn instead of frozen corn, you can store the corn for sometime more like two to three days.
can you use fresh corn in this recipe?
Yes, you can also make this corn dish in the instant pot using fresh corn kernels. If you are using fresh corn, increase the water content to at least ½ cup and also increase the cooking time to about 4 minutes. If there is water content left in the instant pot after cooking the corn, you can saute using the saute function for a couple of minutes to evaporate the excess water.
Below you can get the recipe for making delicious & easy buttery corn in detail.
Buttered Corn In Instant Pot (Frozen Corn Kernels)
- instant pot 6 quart duo
- 12 oz frozen corn
- 4 tablespoons butter
- salt adjust to taste
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper powder optional
- 2 tablespoons water
- Add the frozen corn kernels to the instant pot.
- Add butter, salt, black pepper and water also to the instant pot, stir well.If using cold butter, you can slice the butter and just place them on the top. If you are using melted butter, you can directly stir in with the corn but the melted butter will solidify fast so it may be sligtly difficult to stir in.When using melted butter, you can use the spoon to break the solidified butter clusters and then stir well.
- Cover the instant pot with lid in sealing position and cook in high pressure for 2 minutes.Once the cooking is done, wait for a natural pressure release for about 10 to 12 minutes. You can do a careful & gradual manual pressure release after that.
- Once the pressure is all released, carefully open the lid and stir the cooked, buttered corn.If there is any water content left, you may press the saute button and saute for about a minute or two.
- Serve the buttered corn hot for best results!