Easy Cornbread Recipe Without Eggs – Cornbread Recipe No Eggs – How To Make Cornbread Without Eggs – Easy Egg Free Cornbread Recipe
This easy cornbread recipe without eggs is easy to follow and very easy to make from scratch if you have yellow cornmeal and very few other ingredients that you need for baking.
This cornbread was made for thanksgiving dinner and my kids loved it, which they enjoyed along with the cranberry sauce. If you are out of eggs and if you want to make an easy and simple cornbread for snack or as a side for dinner or a delicious breakfast, you can easily bake this egg free cornbread without any trouble.
If you love egg free baked goods, see my post on egg free fluffy vanilla cake recipe which is so easy to make and super delicious too! I also have this easy, vegan and simple chocolate mug cake recipe without eggs, which is prepared in microwave oven quickly and makes a very yummy one person dessert.
If you are making this cornbread for breakfast, you can use it any of your favorite jam or sauce like strawberry jam, cranberry jam or sauce etc or you can use salted spreadable butter or whatever you like with it.
As this is kind of quick bread (made using baking powder) this is not very sweet, we use only minimal sugar in the recipe. You may add more sugar if you want it to taste like a dessert cake, although this is mildly sweet and I love to enjoy it as a light dessert as well.
So here is how you can make this simple and easy cornbread without eggs following this super easy cornbread recipe without eggs. I adapted the delicious cornbread recipe from here which I modified based on my preferences.
Easy Eggless Cornbread Recipe Below
You can buy yellow cornmeal here which can be used for this recipe.
- yellow cornmeal 1.5 cups
- all purpose flour 1 cup
- baking powder 3 teaspoons
- salt 1 teaspoon
- sugar 3 tablespoons
- butter 6 tablespoons at room temperature
- applesauce 6 tablespoons
- whole milk 1 1/8 cup at room temperature
- vanilla essence few drops
- In a large bowl, mix together all dry ingredients - cornmeal, flour, salt, baking powder and sugar.
- In another bowl, melt the butter and add applesauce, milk, oil and vanilla essence and mix everything together until well combined.
- Now add the butter mixture to the dry flour mixture and mix the contents together without forming any lumps. You can use a balloon whisk to mix the ingredients together.
- Preheat the oven in 350 degree Fahrenheit.
- Grease oil or melted butter in a square pan and pour the cornbread batter into it.
- Bake the cornbread for about 25 to 30 minutes until the top is lightly browned and the inside is cooked, you may check by inserting a toothpick at the center of the cake, which would come out clean. Allow the bread to cool in the rack, cut and serve the warm cornbread with tea, coffee or milk along with butter or jam or any syrup as you wish.
Hope you found this post on cornbread recipe without eggs helpful in making easy and yummy cornbread for snack or breakfast!