Instant pot corn on the cob prepared with milk, butter and sugar using frozen mini sweet corn ears (here I used 6 frozen mini corn ears) is so easy to make and very delicious. We just dump all ingredients to the instant pot and once its done, you get cooked corn on the cob which has the perfect texture, buttery, soft, sweet and delicious.
Though I used frozen mini corns in this recipe, you may also use fresh mini corns for the same recipe (the instant pot will come to pressure faster with fresh corn ears).
If you are using large sized corns ears instead of mini corn ears, you may use about 4 corn ears (instead of 6 mini corn ears) since we need to layer the corn ears in a single layer in the instant pot for best results.
What Is Corn On The Cob?
Corn on the cob basically refers to corn ears. Cob is the woody part of the corn ears to which the corn kernels are attached and corn on the cob generally refers to cooked corn ears without detaching the corn kernels from its cob, though raw corn on the cob refers to uncooked corn ears.
Different Ways (Methods) To Make Corn On The Cob
There are different ways to prepare corn on the cob and the methods of preparation includes boiling the corn ears, baking, roasting or grilling the corn ears or even simply steaming or microwaving the corn ears.
And now we can prepare easy, delicious boiled corn on the cob in the instant pot, which is even less work and also a quick way to cook the corns!
Boiled corn on the cobs are usually soft, sweet and buttery while roasted or grilled corn ears are sometimes paired with more spices and flavors.
I prepared this instant pot corn on the cob in a 6 quart instant pot, make sure to use 6 quart or larger sizes for this recipe for the same amount of ingredients.
More Corn On The Cob Recipes In This Blog:
Corn on the cob makes a very easy, delicious side dish for any meal and they make a wonderful vegetarian side dish for holiday meals including Christmas or Thanksgiving dinner.
This is a very kid friendly dish which you can easily prepare and serve! They are great for packing too!
How To Make Instant Pot Corn On The Cob?
We need the following ingredients to make the instant pot corn on the cob.
- mini frozen corn ears
How To Cook Frozen Corn On The Cob In Instant pot – Steps To Follow (The Process)
- Place the frozen corn ears in the instant pot in a single layer. Here I used 6 mini frozen corn ears (you may use fresh mini corn ears also), however if you want to use regular sized corn ears, you may need to use less number of corn ears (probably about 4 corn ears) since we need to fit all the corn ears inside the instant pot in a single layer.
- After you place the corn ears, also add the water and milk to the instant pot.
- Now add the sugar, gently mix in and also add the butter sliced into pieces.
- Close the instant pot with lid in sealing position, press the ‘manual’ button and cook in high pressure for four minutes.
- Once the cooking is done, wait for a natural pressure release.
- Once the pressure is naturally released, slowly and very carefully open the lid. Transfer the cooked corn on the cob using long tongs very carefully to a serving dish. Enjoy it as it is or you can add more butter or any seasonings if you wish!
More Vegetarian Thanksgiving Recipe Ideas:
- instant pot cranberry sauce
- stove top cranberry sauce recipe
- eggless cornbread recipe
- easy crustless pumpkin pie recipe
- sweet potato cake recipe with cream cheese frosting
- instant pot pumpkin mac and cheese
- easy baked mac and cheese no boil recipe
- lasagna without ricotta cheese
- pumpkin vegetable soup recipe
So here you can see the recipe for instant pot corn on the cob in detail!
Instant Pot Corn On The Cob
- instant pot 6 quart
- 6 mini frozen corn ears
- 1 cup milk I used 2 %
- 3 cups water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 4 tablespoons butter
- Place the frozen mini corn ears in the instant pot in a single layer.
- Add the water and milk.
- Also add the sugar, gently mix in.
- Place the butter (preferably cut into pieces) on top.
- Close the instant pot with lid in sealing position and cook in high pressure for 4 minutes.
- Once the cooking is done, the pot will beep and then press the 'keep warm/cancel' button. Wait for a natural pressure release.
- Once the pressure is all naturally released, carefully open the lid.
- Transfer the cooked corn on the cob using tongs very carefully to a serving dish and enjoy!
Last Updated on