This quinoa soup vegetarian recipe (also vegan recipe) is easy to prepare and can be used as part of a healthy vegetarian diet for weight loss.
If you love quinoa (buy quinoa here) and vegetarian quinoa soup recipes, you will love this quinoa soup vegetarian recipe too which is made with healthy quinoa which is full of fibers and protein.
Another healthy vegan soup recipe I have is yummy vegan spinach soup recipe.
The soup is flavored with garlic powder and salt and also we used fresh tomatoes to make this soup, so this is a quinoa tomato soup recipe for weight loss as well.
This quinoa soup is perfect for a low calorie vegetarian/vegan lunch or dinner.
Quinoa is a wonderful vegetarian source of protein which vegetarians and vegans can include in their diet and so this vegetarian quinoa soup is healthy & rich with healthy protein.
Quinoa helps you feel fuller and so you don’t feel hungry, which will help you if you are trying to lose weight healthy on a vegetarian diet.
I believe the key to vegetarian weight loss recipes is to use a healthy protein and vegetables with lots of fibers but which have fewer calories.
The fibers and protein will help you feel fuller and helps you reduce the use of carbohydrates. Staying away from sugar (especially white sugar) and unhealthy fats is important in weight loss.
However, personally I do not mind indulging in occasional treats like desserts but those treats should not become a daily part of diet.
So here is how you can make this healthy quinoa soup for weight loss following this quinoa soup vegetarian recipe.
Quinoa Soup Vegetarian Recipe Below
Quinoa Soup Vegetarian Recipe, How To Make Healthy Vegetarian/Vegan Quinoa Soup
- 1 cup Quinoa
- 4 small Tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 green chilies sliced lengthwise (optional, avoid if you don't want it spicy)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (may adjust the amount slightly)
- 2 cups water for cooking quinoa
- 2 cups extra water or little more for making the soup
- Add the 2 cups of water and quinoa in a medium sized pot or pan and bring the mixture to a boil.
- When the mixture starts boiling, stir the contents and cover the pan with a lid.
- Cook in low heat for about 20 minutes or until quinoa is cooked. You should check in between, like after about 10 minutes to see if there is enough water.
- Meanwhile dice the tomatoes in medium sized pieces and keep them aside.
- Once the quinoa is cooked, add the diced tomatoes and sliced green chilies to the pan.
- Also add salt and garlic, mix everything well.
- Add the remaining water to prepare the soup, and again bring the mixture to a boil by keeping the pan uncovered.
- Once the mixture starts boiling, reduce the heat and cover the pan with the lid and cook for about 6 minutes or until the tomatoes are very well cooked and soft.
- After 6 minutes, see if the tomatoes are cooked and blended well with the quinoa leaving a small orange hint to the quinoa.
- Add more water if desired so as to reach the desired soup consistency. Healthy vegetarian/vegan quinoa soup is ready to serve
Hope you found this post on quinoa soup vegetarian recipe for weight loss helpful!