Spicy oatmeal soup recipe (helpful for weight loss as part of a healthy vegetarian diet since this is very low calorie oatmeal recipe) is perfect for you if you love spicy food and want to try vegetarian weight loss recipes that are delicious and keeps you feel full for long.
The spicy oatmeal soup recipe is vegetarian/vegan recipe so if you are on a vegetarian or vegan diet you can try this (only if you love spicy food!).
This is a savory oatmeal soup recipe which is spicy, delicious and healthy - if I wanted to describe this oatmeal soup in one sentence.
I used this oatmeal soup for lunch, but you can use this oatmeal soup for breakfast, brunch,lunch, dinner or for snacking if you like.
I have this delicious and easy quinoa soup recipe for weight loss which is also a wonderful vegetarian/vegan soup recipe to help with weight loss on a vegetarian diet.
This oatmeal soup recipe is so easy to follow and you can easily and quickly make this in a microwave oven. All you need is a good microwave safe bowl ( I prefer ceramic over plastic) and good quality oatmeal, salt, water and few spices.
So here is how you can make this spicy and delicious oatmeal soup for weight loss following this easy and spicy oatmeal soup recipe.
Spicy Oatmeal Soup Recipe Below
Things You Need
Good Quality Microwave Safe Bowl (large enough to hold everything without boiling over)
Spicy Oatmeal Soup
- ¼ cup oatmeal
- 1 cup water or more if needed for soup
- 1 teaspoon red chili flakes
- ½ teaspoon black pepper powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt adjust to taste
- Add the oatmeal, water and salt to the microwave safe bowl and microwave in high for 2 minutes or until the oatmeal is well cooked and soft. It is a good idea to give a cool off period of about a minute after 2 minutes of microwaving, if additional cooking is needed.
- Add the spices - red chili flakes and black pepper and microwave for another 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Allow the oatmeal to cool off which takes a few minutes (it will be too hot to handle) and once the oatmeal is cool enough (while still warm or hot enough to handle), mix the contents gently with a spoon so the chili flakes and pepper gets blended with the cooked oatmeal.
- If the water is less for the soup, you may add a little more water if desired, to achieve the soup like consistency and stir the contents using a spoon.
Hope you found this post on spicy oatmeal soup recipe for weight loss helpful!
Leave a Reply