Hot spicy oatmeal soup recipe (prepared with the help of microwave oven) with fresh yogurt and mild or spicy green chilies is delicious (if you love spicy food) and it is healthy too, which makes a simple and easy vegetarian oatmeal recipe.
If you love spicy food, you can enjoy this hot spicy oatmeal for breakfast, snack or brunch as you wish.
You may also try my simple, hot and spiced oats soup recipe which is also a quick and easy microwave oatmeal soup recipe.
You can choose the kind of green chilies you want to use for this hot spicy oats soup recipe.
Some people would love to have hot spicy green chilies, just like the ones I have used for this hot spicy oatmeal soup recipe.
However some people prefer mildly spicy chilies, so feel free to use your favorite green chilies and the amount of spiciness you can handle.
Adding the green chilies will make this oatmeal soup naturally very spicy, so you may not need to chew up on the slices of chilies that they may be too hot.
You can just leave the green chili pieces out there, which will add the spiciness to the oatmeal soup.
So here is how you can easily and quickly make spicy oats soup following this hot spicy oatmeal soup recipe using yogurt and oatmeal.
Hot Spicy Oatmeal Soup Recipe In Microwave
- ½ cup oats
- 1.5 cups water keep extra if needed
- 1 cup fresh yogurt
- 2 green chilies
- salt as required
- Slice the green chilies in thin round slices, keep aside. If you can't handle too much spiciness, use mildly spicy green chilies and also remove the seeds from the chilies, chop them thinly and keep aside.
- Transfer the oatmeal to a microwave safe bowl which is large enough to hold all contents.
- Add the water and salt, heat in high in the microwave for 2 minutes.
- Give it sometime to cool off, then mix the contents and microwave for another 1 more minute or until the oatmeal is cooked and soft.
- Mix the fresh yogurt in a separate bowl using a spoon, to avoid any lumps.
- Add the yogurt to the cooked oatmeal, mix well.
- If the oatmeal is thick in consistency, you may add a little more water and mix well so as to maintain the soup consistency.
- Add the sliced green chilies on top, gently mix and microwave for another 30 seconds.
- Gently mix the contents and the hot spicy oatmeal soup is ready to be used.
- Give a few minutes to let the oatmeal cool off, as it will be too hot right out of the microwave.
Hope you found this post on hot spicy oatmeal soup recipe helpful in making yummy and spicy oatmeal yogurt soup!
Leave a Reply