Quick Vegan Chocolate Mug Cake Recipe For One Person – Kid Friendly Microwave Chocolate Mug Cake Recipe One Serving No Egg
This vegan chocolate mug cake recipe is so easy to follow and you can make yummy and quick microwave chocolate mug cake in less than 5 minutes.
The secret to this quick, soft and easy chocolate mug cake is pureed prunes. If you have any leftover prunes or prunes puree, you can use this quick easy vegan chocolate mug cake recipe for one person to make use of the leftover prunes puree.
The interesting fact is that you wouldn’t even taste the presence of the pureed prunes in the cake, you will never know there is prunes in this unless someone told you.
This chocolate mug cake recipe can also be used to sneak prunes into your kids diet if you want to, as they are not going to realize there’s prunes in it.
Prunes puree can act much like a replacement for eggs, oil and even sweetener although we add a tablespoon of oil and a couple of spoons of sugar to make this really a very yummy dessert.
If you don’t have pureed prunes, you can make prunes puree from dried prunes.
To make homemade prunes puree, soak about 1 cup of dried prunes in some fresh water for some time which will soften up the dried prunes, just process the soaked prunes with very little water (use very little water that is used for soaking) using a good quality food processor, until the puree is very smooth.
We only use 1/4 cup of prunes puree to make one serving of this vegan chocolate cake recipe, so you can always store the leftover prunes puree in glass jars or containers in refrigerator for another couple of days for later use and you can make a quick and easy dessert for dinner, breakfast or snack as you want it!
If you want to replace oil also with prunes puree, that too is possible and the prunes chocolate mug cake without oil is delicious as well as very easy to prepare in microwave!
If you love easy chocolate desserts, here is a simple and easy chocolate cake recipe(which is egg free as well but not vegan).
So here is how you can make this easy, quick and yummy microwave chocolate mug cake for kids or adults following this vegan chocolate mug cake recipe using pureed prunes.
Notes: Make sure to use all ingredients at room temperature, as we only microwave the contents for a couple of minutes.
Vegan Chocolate Mug Cake Recipe Below
Easy Vegan Chocolate Mug Cake Recipe, How To Make Easy Vegan Chocolate Mug Cake
- 2 tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- salt a pinch
- 1/4 cup prunes puree
- vanilla extract few drops
- 1 tablespoon oil (any flavorless oil)
- In a microwave safe mug (make sure its dry), add the dry ingredients - flour, cocoa powder, salt, baking soda, baking powder and sugar. Mix everything well until well combined.
- Add the prunes puree to the dry ingredients in the mug and mix very well to blend with all ingredients.(make sure this is at room temperature. In case you are using the refrigerated puree, bring it to room temperature before mixing). When you mix the prunes puree to the dry ingredients, make sure to mix till the end of the mug so no dry flour is left at the bottom of the mug.
- Once the prunes puree is mixed well will the dry flour mixture in the mug, add the oil and vanilla extract drops, mix all ingredients well.
- Microwave the contents for 2 minutes.
- After 2 minutes of microwaving, the delicious chocolate cake should be done, don't heat for more time as the cake will harden if you microwave for more time. Allow the cake to cool down, enjoy!
Hope you found this post on vegan chocolate mug cake recipe helpful in making quick, easy and delicious microwave chocolate mug cake for a quick and easy dessert for dinner or snack or breakfast.