This cabbage and eggs breakfast recipe is so simple and easy to follow and you can prepare delicious scrambled eggs with cabbage for breakfast quickly and easily.
Scrambled eggs with veggies is a quick and healthy breakfast option for vegetarians who eat eggs, and cabbage is one green leafy vegetable that can be quickly stir fried and paired with eggs for a delicious, healthy breakfast.
This cabbage and eggs breakfast recipe is healthy too, and may even fit your vegetarian diet if you are trying to lose weight.
The breakfast recipe for avocado and egg scramble is much similar to this cabbage egg scramble for breakfast, so you can try both of these for breakfast if you love the combination of scrambled eggs with veggies and fruits like avocados.
I used about 1/4th of a small cabbage with 2 large eggs to prepare this dish using cabbage and eggs, you may slightly adjust the amount of cabbage used according to your wish.
We first prepare the egg scramble and then add the cooked cabbage to it, so you can just add as much cabbage as you think is needed, if you do not want to add the entire amount of cabbage cooked.
You can save the leftover cabbage for next day’s breakfast or you can use it with other recipes or meals as you wish.
This simple and delicious scrambled eggs with cabbage is perfect to be enjoyed as such for breakfast if you like cabbage and eggs, and you may also use this as a side dish with rice or you may use this as a filling for tacos, burritos, pita bread or even use this as a delicious sandwich filling along with a little mayo.
As I mentioned above, once you have scrambled the eggs, add the cooked cabbage little by little so you can just add as much cabbage as you need, and if you have any leftover cooked cabbage, you can save it for next day or use it for another recipe as you wish.
More Cabbage Recipes In This Blog:
- Shredded cabbage stir fry recipe with spices
- cabbage with coconut South Indian recipe
- Tomato cabbage soup recipe
So here is how you can prepare this simple and delicious scrambled eggs with cabbage following this cabbage and eggs breakfast recipe.
Cabbage And Eggs Breakfast Recipe
- 1/4 of a medium sized cabbage
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt or adjust as needed
- 2 teaspoons black pepper powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons oil
- Wash and shred the cabbage, keep this aside.
- Heat two tablespoons of oil in a pan and add the shredded cabbage.
- Stir well and cook the contents in low to medium heat for about 5 to 6 minutes or until the cabbage is cooked and the water is almost evaporated. The cabbage just needs to be cooked and the excess water content need to be evaporated, we really do not have to stir fry the cabbage for a long time, as the cabbage with the eggs is more delicious when the cabbage is still crunchy in texture.
- Add enough salt to taste, stir well, keep this cooked cabbage aside.
- In a small bow, beat the eggs very well, add salt and mix well.
- In another medium sized pan, add the remaining one spoon of oil and add the egg mixture and let it cook for a couple of minutes in low to medium heat or until the eggs start to set in.
- Scramble the eggs gently into small or medium sized pieces (make sure not to scramble the eggs too much and make the pieces too small, as small to medium sized pieces will taste the best).
- Once the eggs are scrambled add the cooked cabbage little by little so you can adjust the amount of cabbage you need in the dish. I used all of that in the dish, but you may add as much as you need and save the remaining for later use. Stir everything well.
- Add garlic powder and black pepper powder, stir everything well and stir fry the egg cabbage mixture for another 2 to 3 minutes or until the eggs and cabbage are lightly browned.
The below picture of scrambled eggs and cabbage shows the scrambled dish sprinkled with garlic powder and black pepper powder.
Hope you found this post on cabbage and eggs breakfast recipe helpful in making easy, quick and yummy egg scramble with stir fried cabbage for breakfast.