Egg avocado breakfast recipe using scrambled eggs and lightly stir fried avocados give you a quick, simple and delicious breakfast which is great to be used as a vegetarian weight loss recipe as well (if you use eggs in your diet).
Since we use eggs and avocados, though this is a very healthy breakfast it is a very high calorie breakfast as well, which will keep you full as well.
So if you are looking for quick, easy, simple, healthy vegetarian high calorie breakfast ideas, this egg avocado scramble is perfect!
All vegetarian diets do not exclude eggs and if you are on a weight loss journey while on a vegetarian diet, eggs are great to be included on the diet.
However, for any weight loss diet changes or food choices, make sure to consult with your doctor first. I am writing here whatever that works for me which may be helpful to others as well but everyone is not the same!
If you love avocados, you will love this egg avocado breakfast recipe which is so easy to make quickly in few minutes.
As this egg avocado breakfast recipe is free of carbohydrates, this is a low carb breakfast recipe which is also a keto friendly vegetarian breakfast recipe as you can see there is no carbs used in the preparation, and also this is made of eggs and avocados which contributes to good fat.
I used a few spices to flavor the dish, which goes a long way, and the recipe is very much flexible and you can adjust the spices and flavors as you wish.
Spices are great to be included in any diet including a vegetarian diet and by including spices in your diet you can enjoy a lot of flavors without having to crave for non vegetarian food.
When you think of spices just don’t think that it is all too spicy, as spices come in different flavors, and some of them are just there to add flavor without any spiciness at all.
I love spicy food though, so I have sprinkled black pepper powder and red chili powder in this egg avocado breakfast scramble, but if you don’t want it spicy, feel free to skip the peppers or just use the black pepper powder.
In this egg avocado breakfast recipe, we first scramble the eggs, and then stir fry the avocados along with it.
So let us see how to make this easy and yummy egg avocado scramble for breakfast following this easy egg avocado breakfast recipe.
Egg Avocado Breakfast Recipe Below
Egg Avocado Breakfast Scramble Recipe
- In a bowl, whisk the eggs very well with enough salt.
- Peel the avocado, remove the seed and chop them in small even sized pieces.
- Transfer the chopped avocados to a separate bowl and , mix with enough salt, keep aside.
- Heat oil in a skillet or pan and add the whisked eggs.
- Keep in low to medium heat and stir using a good spoon or spatula until the egg starts to set. Stirring helps to cook the eggs more evenly and it will help with the texture of eggs while they get cooked, as it will turn the eggs more softer. See my post here on making cheesy pizza style omelette recipe where I have used the same technique to cook the eggs.
- As the eggs begin to set, stop stirring and wait a minute or so until the eggs are lightly cooked.
- Scramble the eggs once they are lightly set but not firm, and in case the eggs are sticking to the bottom of the pan, you may give a little bit more time to let it come off the pan.
- Once the eggs are completely cooked and scrambled, lightly stir fry the scrambled eggs for about another 1 minute or so.
- Now add the chopped avocados to the skillet or pan and stir fry the contents for another 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Transfer the avocado egg scramble to a serving plate, sprinkle with dried oregano powder, black pepper powder and red chili flakes (if using) and enjoy for breakfast(or dinner, brunch, lunch or snack)!
Hope you found this post on egg avocado breakfast recipe helpful!