Scrambled eggs with spinach leaves is a quick and easy to make breakfast which is delicious and healthy too.
The combination of healthy green leafy vegetables with eggs will keep you full while its healthy and delicious as well.
You can also stuff this scrambled eggs and spinach to make delicious and easy sandwiches, burritos etc, or you can have toasted bread on the side if you want to add some carbs to this.
This is a meatless vegetarian recipe as well since we use only eggs, spinach leaves and few other ingredients in the preparation. I used a good quality iron skillet to make this delicious spinach and egg scramble.
The skillet is great for making scrambled eggs, omelettes, sauteed vegetables, stir fries and so much more!
The best part about the spinach and egg scramble is that it is so quick and easy to make and you do not even need to cut any veggies.
We just wash the fresh spinach leaves (you can use regular spinach leaves or baby spinach leaves or even use frozen spinach leaves) and saute or stir fry the leaves until the leaves are lightly cooked and then we add in the eggs. We also use olive oil, salt, black pepper powder and onion powder for more flavor.
If you wish, you may also add more spices like garlic powder or fresh garlic, oregano etc based on your preferences.
See more breakfast egg recipes in this blog:
- cabbage egg scramble recipe
- avocado egg scramble recipe
- pizza style egg omelette recipe
- easy bread omelette recipe
- bread stuffed omelette recipe
So here is how you can make this easy, quick and delicious spinach and egg scramble for breakfast.
Easy Scrambled Eggs With Spinach For Breakfast Recipe Below
Scrambled Eggs With Spinach For Breakfast Easy, Quick, Healthy Recipe
- Beat the eggs in a bowl, add the onion powder and little salt, mix well.
- Add one tablespoon of oil in an iron skillet, bring the skillet to medium heat and add the spinach.
- Stir fry the spinach leaves for about a minute or until the spinach begins to wilt.
- Add the egg mixture over the wilted spinach leaves, using a spoon gently move the leaves across the egg mixture so they will be uniformly spread in the egg mixture.
- Lower the heat and let the mixture cook for a couple of minutes until the mixture sets slightly.
- Once the mixture is lightly set and the top looks slightly cooked, using a spatula gently flip from the sides and gently scramble the mixture to slightly large sized pieces (do not scramble too much and make into too small pieces as the spinach leaves should be covered with the cooked eggs for the best texture and taste).
- Add the remaining one tablespoon of oil and let the mixture cook for another one more minute.
- Scramble the contents using the spatula, to medium sized pieces and let this fry for another 1 more minute.
- Stir and cook for another couple of minutes in low heat or until the scrambled mixture starts to brown.
- Sprinkle with black pepper powder if using, serve the delicious egg and spinach scramble hot for a delicious breakfast or dinner!
More Pictures From The Preparation
Hope you found this post on scrambled eggs with spinach recipe helpful in making easy, quick, healthy and yummy breakfast!