Instant pot buttered cabbage is so simple and easy to make and its a very delicious vegetable side dish you can prepare quickly. This post includes a short video embedded in the recipe.
I used white cabbage in this recipe (which has pale green outer layers and almost white inner layers and its actually a kind of green cabbage itself) you can also use any green cabbage instead.
We use garlic and onion powder to add even more flavor to this instant pot butter cabbage (vegetarian recipe) and its very delicious and easy to make.
If you are looking for an easy, quick and delicious vegetable side dish (or vegetarian meatless side dish) that you can serve with your main course, try this easy buttered cabbage in your instant pot and see how quick and easy it is.
The cabbage prepared in the instant pot using this recipe is so buttery and delicious. This can be made using a 6 quart instant pot Lux or Duo.
I only used half of the head of a medium sized cabbage in this recipe, which gave me about 4 cups of shredded cabbage.
Even if you want to use a full cabbage, the cooking time and instructions would remain the same, however you will need a little more broth or water but I do not recommend adding more than 4 tablespoons of butter in a pressure cooker due to safety concerns.
If you wonder the cabbage looks lightly browned in this photo, I guess that’s because we use onion and garlic powders and also because I used white cabbage. If you use regular green cabbage, that will look more colorful!
See more easy instant pot vegetarian recipes here:
- easy instant pot buttered noodles
- instant pot penne pasta
- instant pot pasta soup
- instant pot sauteed broccoli florets
- instant pot peach jam
- instant pot mango jam
So here is how you can prepare easy and delicious vegetarian instant pot buttered cabbage following this simple recipe.
Instant Pot Buttered Cabbage Recipe Below
Instant Pot Buttered Cabbage With Garlic
- Wash the cabbage and remove any outer layers that are not fresh (we need only 1/2 the head of the cabbage so if you have a full cabbage, just slice it in half and use only one half).
- Chop or shred the cabbage in slightly thick slices. If you slice the cabbage in small, they may get mushy and too soft.
- Transfer the shredded cabbage to the instant pot.
- Add the broth or water, salt, garlic powder and onion powder, mix everything well.
- Add the butter also to the instant pot.
- Close the instant pot with lid in sealing position and cook in high pressure for 2 minutes.
- Once the cooking is finished and the pot beeps, wait for a natural pressure release for about 7 minutes. If the pressure is not completely released in seven minutes, carefully do a gradual manual release of the pressure at this time.
- Add the black pepper, stir well and serve hot!
If you love vegetarian cabbage recipes, try this easy cabbage egg breakfast scramble, cabbage with green peas, tomato cabbage soup, shredded cabbage stir fry with spices which are all delicious as well!
Hope you found this post on instant pot buttered cabbage helpful in making easy and delicious butter cabbage in your instant pot!