To make the pumpkin soup recipe without cream and to make it healthy, fresh and comforting, we use fresh pumpkins and few other vegetables from the garden like carrots, potatoes, onions and also salt and a few spices.
Easy pumpkin soup recipes like this one can be made from scratch using fresh pumpkins from your own garden or from the market and you can make it more healthy by combining it with other vegetables.
In fact, easy pumpkin soup recipes are healthy as well as popular all the time.
This healthy and fresh vegetable soup recipe is not vegan, as we are using butter in the recipe although we are not using cream. However you can easily replace butter with oil if you wish. If you want a delicious healthy vegan soup recipe, try this simple and delicious vegan sweet potato soup recipe here.
Pumpkin recipes including easy pumpkin soup recipes are very popular fall recipes especially preferred for Thanksgiving holidays. The easy pumpkin soup recipes like this pumpkin soup recipe from fresh pumpkin fruits which is healthy and delicious can be enjoyed all the time, whenever pumpkins are available
Colorful and bright orange pumpkins are actually fruits, which are often mistaken as vegetables. They are so healthy, loaded with Vitamin A and also have a sweet flavorful taste that goes great with desserts as well as soups.
As I mentioned above, to make this pumpkin soup recipe a healthy and very yummy vegetable soup recipe, I have also used fresh vegetables like carrots, potatoes and onions in it.
Adding carrots and pumpkins together in a dish, actually make it more flavorful, sweet and colorful. The addition of starchy potatoes helps to thicken the soup naturally. If I am not using potatoes, I usually add little oats or noodles towards end of cooking, so that the soup thickens easily.
But with this pumpkin soup recipe, I decided to add more vegetables, so I chose potatoes and carrots which will naturally blend with the flavor of pumpkins making the soup more delicious, flavorful and healthy even without cream.
Sometimes, I just get the feeling that I need a healthy bowl of warm, vegetable soup. It is more like a comfort food for me. At the same time, I actually do not have much time to spend for cooking, so most of the time I choose easy recipes.
If you are concerned about the fat in butter or if you are following a vegan diet, you can go for healthier vegetable oils like sesame oil or olive which too will give an exotic flavor to the dish.
Shallots are very small onions that are very healthy and they can give a great flavor to the food. If you can’t get shallots, you can use pearl onions of use the commonly available regular onions.
So here is how I made this pumpkin soup recipe healthy and delicious which is also one of my best vegetable soup recipes using fresh pumpkins from scratch.
To make easy pumpkin soup recipes at home, you can use fresh pumpkins from your own pumpkin plants in your garden if you have them. If fresh pumpkins are not available, you can also try using frozen pumpkin pieces if that is available to buy from stores or online.
I used fresh pumpkin which is peeled and chopped to make this fresh pumpkin soup, but you may also use roasted pumpkin if you wish, which will add even more flavor to the soup.
So here is how you can make this easy fresh vegetable pumpkin soup from scratch following this fresh pumpkin soup recipe without cream.
Fresh Vegetable Pumpkin Soup Recipe Without Cream
- 1 cup fresh pumpkin peeled and sliced
- 2 medium sized carrots
- 1 medium sized potatoes
- 2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon butter or oil
- ¼ teaspoon crushed black pepper
- 1 tablespoon shallots or pearl onions peeled and chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon crushed fresh ginger
- salt as required
- Peel and chop carrots and potatoes, keep aside.
- In a pan, heat butter or oil and add the chopped shallots or onion.
- Mix well, let it get stir fried for a few moments till the chopped shallots turn brown and caramelize.
- Add the crushed ginger and lightly fry for a few seconds, switch off the stove and keep the pan away from heat.
- Heat water in another sauce pan, and when the water boils add the potatoes, carrots and salt and reduce the flame.
- Close the pan, and let the vegetables get cooked in low heat for about 10 minutes.
- Add pumpkin pieces to the pan, stir and cook for about 4 to 5 minutes in low heat.
- Once the vegetables are cooked, remove from the stove and keep it aside for cooling.
- Once the cooked vegetables are cooled enough, blend all the cooked vegetables(not the caramelized onions, we will add it later to the soup) along with the water used for cooking the vegetables, in a blender. I do not prefer to have many vegetable chunks in the soup, so I blended the vegetables till it reached an almost smooth consistency, small little pieces of vegetables in the soup is fine.
- If you think the resulting mixture is too thick, you can add little bit more water.
- Transfer the contents from the blender to the pan again, and heat it.
- Now add the caramelized onions, garlic powder and black pepper powder (or crushed black pepper) also to the soup and bring it to a boil for few seconds.
- Switch off the stove and serve the hot soup while it is still warm!