Mashed Potato Sandwich Using Burger Buns
Mashed potato sandwich using burger buns is so easy to make and you can easily make mashed potato sandwich at home which can be easily packed for travel as well.
You can also use this method to make the mashed potato sandwich using regular sandwich bread, by adjusting the ingredients as needed.
This mashed potato sandwich using burger buns is super easy to make if you have burger buns. I used potato burger buns to make the sandwich, you can also use your favorite kind of buns to make this sandwich.
You can make this mashed potato sandwich so quickly and easily if you have any leftover mashed potatoes at home. This is an easy and delicious way to use any leftover mashed potatoes that you already have, or you can easily make mashed potatoes to make this mashed potato sandwich.
We also use shredded cheese (you may also use cheese slice instead of shredded cheese), sliced onion and also romaine lettuce which makes this mashed potato sandwich crunchy in texture and so much more delicious.
Make sure to use very well washed and cleaned lettuce and onion to make the sandwich, however, after washing I recommend drying the lettuce leaves before putting them in the sandwich to avoid the sandwich being soggy.
For the same reason, I didn’t use tomatoes in this sandwich, as I made this for traveling and I didn’t want to risk a soggy sandwich.
You can add one slice of a fresh tomato too, if you like. While using raw veggies like green leafy lettuce, I recommend cleaning them using a dilute vinegar solution. To prepare the white vinegar solution, just mix a little of distilled white vinegar in some water and wash the leaves (you can do for other veggies too) in the vinegar solution, which will make them more clean.
Many times we buy lettuce to prepare sandwich or salads, and the rest of the leaves may start turning brown too soon.
To avoid this problem, you can use lettuce storage containers which will help you to store the lettuce fresh for many days. You can read about tips on storing the lettuce leaves fresh and crisp here.
I used medium sized yellow potatoes to make the mashed potatoes to use this mashed potatoes sandwich.
A good quality potato masher is a great tool which you may like, as the potato masher will help you to mash the potatoes easily even when the potatoes are hot.
So here is how you you can make mashed potato sandwich at home following this easy mashed potato sandwich recipe.
Mashed Potato Sandwich - How To Prepare Mashed Potato Sandwich
- burger buns 4
- shredded cheese 1 cup
- potatoes 3 medium sized
- romaine lettuce 2 leaves
- onion 1 medium sized
- garlic powder 1 teaspoon
- black pepper powder 1 teaspoon
- salt as needed
- oil 1 tablespoon
- water just enough to cook the potatoes
- butter 2 tablespoons
- Boil the potatoes in enough water until soft, peel the skin and mash it, keep the mashed potatoes aside.
- Wash the onion and lettuce very well, peel the onion and slice the onions in slightly thick rings. We only need 4 such rings of onions, as we are preparing four sandwiches, you can save any remaining onion for later use in other recipes. Keep the sliced onion rings aside.
- Slice the lettuce leaves in half or you may adjust the size as you need, depending on the size of the bread you are using. Keep this aside. Make sure the leaves are dry.
- Heat an iron pan or skillet (or use any non stick pan) and add a tablespoon of butter. Toast the two burger buns on both sides, by flipping once the first side is toasted. Similarly add the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter and toast both sides of the remaining 2 burger buns too. You can also use the burger buns (or sandwich bread) without toasting, but toasting in butter makes them so much more delicious. Keep the toasted buns (or bread slices) aside.
- In the same pan or skillet, add the one tablespoon of oil and add the mashed potatoes.
- Add salt, garlic powder and black pepper powder, mix well to blend with the mashed potatoes and saute for about 2 minutes. Now the mashed potatoes with garlic and pepper flavor is ready to be used in the sandwich. Keep this prepared mashed potatoes aside.
- Take one slice of the bun or bread, add about 1 tablespoon of shredded cheese (slightly adjust the amount of cheese as you would prefer) and microwave for 30 seconds.
- Place one layer of mashed potato filling over the melted cheese, top it with sliced onion and lettuce.
- Add shredded cheese to the other slice of the bun too and microwave it for 30 seconds so the cheese would melt.
- Place the second slice of bun (or bread) on top of the first layer with fillings and gently press. You can gently press the ends of the slice so they would stick together, which will help if you are planning to pack this for traveling.
Hope you found this post on mashed potato sandwich helpful in making easy and yummy mashed potato sandwich at home.
Leave a Reply