This quinoa black bean salad is very filling, delicious and easy to make which is a vegan salad as well!
If you have cooked black beans and cooked quinoa, it is so easy to prepare the quinoa black bean salad.
So this is a great recipe (one of the most simple and easy quinoa salad recipes as well) to use any leftover cooked quinoa or leftover cooked black beans as well.
This quinoa black bean salad is high in protein as well, since quinoa and black bean are rich sources of protein.
Many quinoa salad recipes with black beans includes corn, avocado etc but this is a more easy quinoa black bean salad without corn or avocado (you can add them too if you wish) but this is very delicious as well even without the corn or avocado.
This is an easy quinoa black bean salad recipe with simple, fresh lime juice dressing and it has added cilantro leaves (you may skip if you do not like cilantro leaves but it really adds up the flavor and makes it more healthy) and also chopped onions and tomatoes making it more healthy, rich and delicious.
Quinoa black bean salad is one of my favorite salads which I actually love to eat.
I am not a salad person and usually enjoys salads as sides or snacks, but do not really enjoy many salads as a main dish (though I have some simple, easy and yummy salads in this blog which I enjoy).
However, this quinoa salad with black beans, cilantro leaves, tomatoes, onions etc is an exception. I like to enjoy this as a main dish for lunch or dinner as it is so much filling, delicious and healthy as well.
If you are trying to eat clean on a vegetarian or vegan diet by including filling, delicious, vegetarian and healthy salads, this quinoa black bean salad is perfect for you.
See more quinoa recipes in this blog:
- Quinoa tomato soup healthy recipe
- garlic mushroom quinoa recipe
- Indian style quinoa recipe with mushrooms
Quinoa Black Bean Salad Recipe Below
Quinoa Black Bean Salad Recipe, How To Prepare Quinoa Black Bean Salad Using Leftover Cooked Quinoa & Black Beans
- 1.5 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 cup cooked black beans
- salt as needed (if the quinoa and black beans are already salted, add accordingly)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice (about half of a large sizedlime)
- 2 tablespoons cilantro leaves chopped
- ½ of a medium sized onion
- 8 cherry tomatoes use little more if you desire
- Chop the onions in small pieces, transfer the chopped onions to a salad bowl.
- In a separate small bowl, mix the chopped cilantro leaves with one tablespoon of lime juice, keep this aside.
- Wash the cherry tomatoes and slice them in halves. Transfer the sliced cherry tomatoes also to the salad bowl. Gently mix the onions and tomatoes.
- Add the one cup of cooked black beans to the bowl and also add enough salt.
- Transfer the cilantro lime mixture also to the bowl, mix everything until well combined.
- Finally add the cooked quinoa to the bowl, add the remaining lime juice and(sprinkle little more salt if the quinoa is not salted already) toss everything together and the delicious and easy quinoa black bean salad is ready to be served. For best results, keep it refrigerated until serving.
Hope you found this post on easy quinoa salad recipe with black beans, tomatoes and onions helpful in making easy, simple, delicious and healthy quinoa salad with black beans for lunch or dinner.
Leave a Reply