How To Make Skillet Roasted Potato And Avocado Salad
Avocado potato salad recipe without mayo is delicious, quick and easy to prepare and you can enjoy this for lunch or dinner as a complete meal in itself.
This salad is very filling as well, as you can guess as it is made from potatoes and avocado which are calorie dense but healthy too.
So if you want to enjoy a delicious, simple, easy and filling vegetarian/vegan salad for lunch or dinner, go ahead and try this avocado potato salad which you can make really quick.
We roast the potatoes in a skillet (with the potato skins on) to make this avocado potato salad which makes the salad quite crunchy and crispy in texture along with the creaminess from avocados and also the flavors from the spices including garlic.
Make sure to use garlic for the best flavor, you can use garlic powder as I mentions in the recipe, or you can also use freshly crushed garlic (about 2 to 3 cloves) whichever you prefer, just make sure you use garlic.
You can also add some black pepper powder if you wish, which will make it more flavorful, more healthy and delicious.
More Posts On Avocados:
- EGG AVOCADO BREAKFAST SCRAMBLE RECIPE
- VEGAN AVOCADO BANANA SMOOTHIE RECIPE
- HOW TO SPEED UP RIPENING AVOCADOS
- HOW TO SLICE AVOCADOS EASILY
So here is how you can make this easy and delicious roasted potato avocado salad following this easy avocado potato salad recipe without mayo.
This is the skillet I used to make this delicious roasted potato and avocado salad.
AVOCADO POTATO SALAD RECIPE BELOW
Avocado Potato Salad Recipe Without Mayo
- 1 Avocado
- 1 large sized potato
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- salt as needed
- Wash and clean the potato very well and chop into small sized pieces.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a skillet (or use a pan), and add the chopped potatoes.
- Add salt and stir the contents very well.
- Lightly fry the potatoes until the potatoes are almost cooked and lightly browned, which will take about 5 to 6 minutes.
- While the potato is getting cooked in the skillet, peel the avocado and chop into small to medium sized pieces, I prefer not chopping them into very small pieces as they may get mashed up if you chop them too small. Keep the chopped avocado aside.
- Once the potatoes are browned on one side and almost cooked (after about 5 to 6 minutes cooking), gently flip the potatoes and lightly fry the other side too, for another couple of minutes until the potatoes are completely cooked and lightly browned on all sides.
- Once the potatoes are done, they will be crispy and brown outside and will be cooked and soft enough in the inside.
- Now add the chopped avocados to the skillet, gently stir in with the roasted potatoes. Stir fry the contents for another 1 to 2 minutes, gently flip the potatoes and avocados once in between.
- Add more salt, garlic powder, lime juice and also remaining olive oil to the potato avocado mixture and gently mix the mixture.
Hope you found this post on avocado potato salad recipe helpful in making easy and delicious roasted potato and avocado salad.