This 3 ingredient banana pancakes is a very easy, milkless banana pancakes recipe without baking powder, baking soda, vanilla extract, sugar or salt.
This is also a dairy free banana pancakes recipe since it is made without milk or butter or any dairy products!
There are different benefits for eating bananas and these 3 ingredient banana pancakes is an easy and simple way to include them in your diet!
You can use all purpose flour or even whole wheat flour to make these delicious banana pancakes without baking powder.
This easy three ingredient banana pancake recipe is kid friendly as well (I made them a lot when my kids were toddlers) and you can prepare these banana pancakes from scratch quickly and easily for breakfast or snack with very minimal ingredients.
Can You Add Vanilla Or Cinnamon Powder To 3 Ingredient Banana Pancakes?
Yes, you can add vanilla or cinnamon to these pancakes!
Though you do not need vanilla extract or any flavors to make these 3 ingredient pancakes, you can always add one teaspoon of vanilla extract or one teaspoon of cinnamon powder or both to make it even more delicious.
How To Make 3 Ingredient Banana Pancakes Without Baking Powder Or Milk
This easy banana pancakes recipe is also made without any sugar or sweetener, and they are naturally sweet from the ripe bananas.
And as I told early, these banana pancakes are also made without milk or butter and they are totally dairy free.
In fact, we only use 3 ingredients to make these pancakes, and I didn’t even use salt in this banana pancake recipe, and they taste delicious even without any sugar or sweetener.
You can use all purpose flour or whole wheat flour to make this banana pancake, or try this superfine cake flour for the best texture.
So we need the following ingredients to make these delicious 3 ingredient pancakes.
Ingredients to make 3 ingredient banana pancakes
1 medium sized ripe banana
1 large egg
2 tablespoons flour (use whole wheat flour or all purpose flour or cake flour)
Steps by Step Process
In a bowl, add the flour and keep it aside.
In a second bowl, mash the banana and add the mashed banana to the dry flour in the other bowl.
Mix the flour and bananas very well without any lumps.
Beat the egg in another bowl (you can use the same bowl used to mash the banana) and transfer the beaten eggs also to the banana flour mixture and mix all ingredients very well to form the pancake batter. (If you want to add vanilla extract, cinnamon powder etc for flavor, you may add now. See notes section).
To make the banana pancakes, heat a non stick pan and add one small ladle of batter on to it (grease the pan prior to making the pancakes if needed).
Cook the batter for about a minute until bubbles begin to appear, then carefully flip and cook the other side too and then transfer the prepared banana pancake to the serving plate.
Similarly cook all the pancakes until the batter is over!
Notes: Add On Ingredients Ideas (Optional)
You may use 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract, 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder etc to add more flavor if you wish (I didn’t use any of these and they were still delicious to me), and you may even add more ingredients like a little semi sweet chocolate chips.
Isn’t this 3 ingredient banana pancakes recipe so simple and easy?
They are absolutely delicious too!
I have another easy banana pancake recipe here which uses baking powder in the recipe.
So try this easy, simple and yummy kid friendly banana pancakes for breakfast or snack which you can prepare so easily and quickly using very minimal ingredients from your pantry!
Why You Should Try These 3 Ingredient Banana Pancakes Without Baking Powder?
You should try making these milkless banana pancakes at least once because these banana pancakes are:
easy to make (don’t even need baking powder or baking soda or vanilla extract or sugar or salt)
dairy free (so anyone with dairy allergy can also enjoy these)
simple (just 3 ingredients)
healthy (contains egg and a banana and no refined sugars or fats)
Quick (just take few minutes to prepare from scratch)
easily available ingredients
kid friendly (yes they are!), family friendly & delicious
I hope these many reasons are just enough to try these yummy and easy banana pancakes and see how you like them!
Below you can read the dairy free 3 ingredient banana pancakes recipe without baking powder in detail.
3 Ingredient Banana Pancakes Without Baking Powder (Dairy Free)
- 1 medium sized ripe banana
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons flour
- Add the flour to a medium sized bowl, keep this aside.
- In another bowl, mash the banana very well, add the mashed banana to the dry flour and mix well without any lumps.
- Beat the egg very well in another bowl (you can use the same bowl used to mash the banana).
- Transfer the whisked egg also to the banana flour mixture and mix all ingredients very well to form the pancake batter without any lumps (If you want to add vanilla extract, cinnamon powder etc for flavor, you may add now. See notes section).
- Heat a non stick pan and add one small ladle of batter on to it (if you are not using non stick pan, you may need to grease the pan with a little oil if needed).
- Cook in medium heat for about 1 minute, gently flip and cook the other side also for another 1 minute.
- Transfer the banana pancake to the serving plate.
- Similarly cook all the pancakes until the batter is over. Serve the delicious and sugar free pancakes as they are or you may also top them with whatever pancake toppings you like. You may serve these yummy banana pancakes with jam (or butter if you don't want to keep it dairy free) or more fresh sliced bananas and pure fresh maple syrup or honey as you like. In fact, they are soft and delicious on their own even without any extra toppings!