Homemade Banana Pancake Recipe From Scratch – How To Make Banana Pancakes From Scratch – Tasty, Simple, Easy Delicious Banana Pancakes For Breakfast Or Snack
This kid friendly homemade banana pancake recipe from scratch uses two ripe bananas and two eggs in preparation and you get yummy and easy bananas pancakes for breakfast or snack.
We use two ripe bananas and vanilla extract which adds a very nice flavor and you can serve these pancakes with pure fresh maple syrup or honey or butter or any pancake syrup or fruit jams as you wish.
You can make the pancakes in a non stick pan or iron skillet or you can use a pancake pan which will be very helpful if you wish to make multiple pancakes at a time.
I recommend using very ripe bananas with brown spots in skin for the best results. I mashed the ripe bananas very well which is then added to with the flour and egg butter mixture to make the pancake batter. If you like to have little chunks of bananas in the pancakes, you can do it that way too.
See more pancake recipes in my blog below:
I prefer a smooth texture for the banana pancakes, as my kids too prefer it that way, so I mashed the bananas almost smooth (very small chunks are perfectly fine) to make the batter and then made the banana pancakes which are naturally sweet (I also used a couple of spoons of sugar) and very yummy.
So here is how you can make easy, yummy and kid friendly banana pancakes following this homemade banana pancake recipe from scratch.
- flour 1.5 cups
- baking powder 2 teaspoons
- baking soda 1/2 teaspoon
- ripe bananas 2
- eggs 2
- whole milk 1/2 cup
- vanilla essence few drops
- melted or softened butter 3 tablespoons plus more for greasing the pan and cooking
- sugar 2 tablespoons adjust according to your preference
- In a large bowl mix together the dry ingredients - flour, baking powder and baking soda.
- In another bowl, mix together the butter and sugar until well combined.
- Add the eggs to the butter sugar mixture and beat well.
- Add the vanilla essence and milk to the butter sugar mixture and mix everything well.
- In another small bowl, mash the bananas very well, small chunks of bananas are perfectly fine.
- Add the mashed bananas to the butter sugar mixture with eggs and milk, and mix everything well until the ingredients are well combined.
- Transfer the butter mixture to the dry flour mixture and stir well without any lumps to form the batter. The batter will be quite thick, but will have the consistency enough to pour to the pan using a spoon to make pancakes.
- Heat a greased (preferably with butter) iron skillet or non stick pan and add little more butter, spread the butter using a good quality spatula.
- Drop 2 tablespoons of batter to the heated pan (keep in medium heat and adjust the heat as needed to avoid the pancakes getting burnt too soon) and gently spread a little using the spoon if needed.
- Add a little more butter to the top of the batter while its getting cooked.
- Once the bottom side of the pancake is cooked, which may take about a couple of minutes in medium heat, flip the pancake and cook the other side too for about a minute or until the pancake is completely cooked. Transfer the pancake from the pan to the serving plate. As you make more pancakes, the pan will become really hot so reduce the heat after making a couple of pancakes to avoid the pancakes burning.
- Similarly cook all the pancakes until the batter is over by adjusting the heat as needed.
- Serve the tasty and easy banana pancakes with maple syrup and butter for a very delicious breakfast or snack!
Hope you found this post on homemade banana pancake recipe from scratch helpful in making easy and tasty banana pancakes from scratch.