This banana crepe recipe is so easy to follow and you can make delicious, plain banana crepes at home which can be enjoyed even without any additional filling.
They have thin pancake kind of look and feel, since we use baking powder in the recipe, making it much more easier to look, and they look beautiful and unique with the tiny pancake like holes on them and also with the light yellow color from the added bananas.
This is a simple, easy banana crepes recipe which is also very kid friendly.
They are perfect for breakfast, snack or even dinner if you have ripe bananas at home, as this can be made very easily, using a blender to make the smooth batter and a non stick pan to make the perfect crepes.
Make sure to always use a good quality, pretty large sized non stick pan while making crepes to make large crepes that also won’t stick to the pan.
If you want to add fillings, its always best to make large sized crepes. I made medium sized banana crepes as they were enjoyed as they are or with a little addition of butter and jam.
We add the bananas to the batter for making these banana crepes, so they already have the banana flavor in the crepes which make them more flavorful, sweet and delicious.
This is not a traditional banana crepe recipe, but they are so easy to make and delicious.
I added baking baking powder to this crepe batter, which made them more easy to make and a slightly different, but soft texture and they are thin and easy to roll up.
I didn’t add any bananas for filling (but you can add sliced bananas and sugar if you like), but I added the bananas in the batter.
So the banana crepes are naturally sweet on its own and so you can enjoy it even without any fillings. But if you wish to add fillings, you can easily add fillings like regular crepes and roll them easily.
If you love banana recipes, also try this delicious and easy breakfast banana pancakes and easy three ingredient banana pancakes without baking powder.
So here is how you can make this easy, simple and sweet banana crepes following this easy banana crepes recipe from scratch.
Easy banana crepes recipe below
Easy banana crepes simple recipe
- Add all ingredients to the blender and make a smooth batter (if you can't do everything together, you can blend banana and half cup milk together and remaining ingredients separately and mix together later on).
- The batter for banana crepes must be smooth and little runny. It won't be thick like regular pancake batter.
- Heat a non stick pan, add 2 ladles of batter.
- Cover the pan with a lid and cook in medium to low heat for about a minute. When you open the lid you can see that holes have formed on top of the crepes and they are cooked well. We do not flip these as they are completely cooked and soft in texture by cooking on one side while covered with a lid. (However, if you wish, you may flip and cook the other side too).
- Transfer the cooked banana crepe to the serving dish.
- Similarly cook all crepes until the batter is finished.
- Serve hot with any toppings, fillings (you can place the fillings and roll these easily as they are quite thin), sides or enjoy them as they are since they are already sweet from the bananas an sugar! My kids love to spread butter on the inside and roll them up, which is so easy to do. You may also use chopped nuts, cream cheese filling, fresh sliced strawberries or sliced bananas, jam or anything that you like to fill them, or you can use honey or maple syrup topping if you like.
Hope you found this post on easy and simple banana crepes recipe using ripe bananas and baking powder helpful in making yummy and kid friendly banana crepes at home!