This no boil eggless easy baked mac and cheese without flour or without roux, made from scratch (homemade mac and cheese, not from the box) is my go to recipe if I wish to make a big batch of easy mac and cheese for my family.
As you can see, the mac and cheese is baked until golden brown and its very delicious but too easy to prepare!
Homemade Mac And Cheese From Scratch No Egg Recipe
And the best part is that you do not have to boil the pasta or noodles first following this recipe since this is a very simple and easy baked mac and cheese recipe without boiling the pasta in water first on stove top.
We just bake this mac and cheese in the oven which makes this mac and cheese recipe the most easy baked mac and cheese recipe ever!
This mac and cheese recipe is especially very useful during special occasions, as I am sure this is delicious that everyone including my kids will love this and also its enough for everyone with lots of leftovers.
When I say no flour, I mean I didn’t use any flour to make roux as called in many mac and cheese recipes. But this is made using the macaroni shells which is made of durum wheat flour so this is not gluten free.
If you want an easy mac & cheese recipe on stove top, try this simple, easy and creamy one pot mac and cheese recipe.
The best thing with this baked mac and cheese recipe is that the effort needed to make this baked mac and cheese is minimal, we just need to dump everything and bake it!
In the above picture, you can see baked mac and cheese served with perfectly boiled corn on the cob in the background.
This is an eggless baked mac and cheese, its obviously vegetarian dish but not vegan since we use real cheese, milk, butter etc. There is no need to add flour or make roux as this is a very simple recipe for baked mac and cheese, but it taste delicious with minimal efforts.
I usually bake mac and cheese during family dinners for occasions when you can easily prepare this in a large baking tray within few minutes and then bake the whole stuff. I made this for last Thanksgiving for my family, but it took a while to post this.
So here is how you can easily make this baked mac and cheese following this simple and easy recipe for eggless, flourless baked mac and cheese.
Easy Eggless Baked Mac & Cheese Recipe Below
Easy Baked Mac And Cheese Without Flour, Roux No Boil Recipe
- 4 cups dry elbow pasta shells
- 2 cups water
- 6 cups whole milk
- 3 cups shredded cheese I use a mix of cheddar and Mexican blend
- salt as needed
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 stick butter
- 1/2 cup shredded cheese for topping or use as desired
- Preheat oven to 350 degree Fahrenheit.
- In a large baking pan (9*13 will do), layer the dry pasta in a single layer.
- Add the water and milk, garlic powder, onion powder and enough salt, mix well.
- Add the shredded cheese, mix everything well.
- Place the stick of butter on top.
- Place the pan in oven, set the timer for 1 hour to bake the mac and cheese.
- In about 15 to 20 minutes, the butter will melt, so you can open the pan and carefully give the contents a stir using a spoon so that the butter will all get mixed up with the rest of the ingredients.
- Close the oven and bake for the rest of the time. Make sure to check the contents after about 50 minutes of time, since the oven temperatures can vary and in some cases the dish may get cooked faster. You need to bake until the top begins to brown.
- Once the baking is all done and top starts browning, top the dish with the extra cheese for topping.
- Increase the oven temperature to 375 degree Fahrenheit and bake for another 6 minutes of time or until the cheese on top is completely melted and lightly browned on top. Enjoy the delicious mac and cheese for lunch or dinner as you wish.
Hope you found this post on easy eggless baked mac & cheese recipe helpful in making easy and delicious baked mac and cheese for lunch or dinner.
Last Updated on