Simple one pot mac and cheese recipe is easy to follow and you can make creamy, delicious, kid friendly one pot mac and cheese boiled in milk and water mixture! This is a simple and easy macaroni and cheese recipe without baking, as we make this easy one pot mac and cheese over the stove top using a pot or pan.
More easy mac and cheese recipe include easy baked mac and cheese without flour or roux, instant pot creamy mac and cheese, pumpkin mac and cheese with sour cream, broccoli mac and cheese with cream cheese and more!
This is also a very simple macaroni and cheese recipe without eggs, evaporated or sour cream, but its very delicious and easy to prepare too with simple ingredients.
You may add more cheese to your liking if needed.
Mac and cheese do have a tendency to thicken if you keep it for a long time, but you can always add a little milk or cream to slightly thin it down (and microwave for few seconds) as needed for later uses.
Homemade food is always the best but if you wish you can buy mac and cheese online too.
Find here the Kraft mac and cheese, easy mac and cheese dinner cups, Annie’s macaroni and cheese and Amy’s vegetarian mac and cheese here.
You can also see my review for Amy’s mac and cheese here.
The basic ingredients you need to make mac and cheese are the pasta, butter, flour, milk and cheese along with few seasonings of your liking, and of course a little salt and little water needed to cook the pasta.
Some mac and cheese recipes call for ingredients like eggs, which is good to add, however, this is a very simple and easy stove top mac and cheese recipe without eggs and without evaporated milk.
We use whole milk and a little heavy cream to make this mac and cheese more rich and creamy, but you may skip the heavy cream if you do not have it.
I often use shredded cheddar cheese or a mix of Mexican blended cheese and cheddar cheese in this easy one pot mac and cheese recipe, but you can also use a combination of cheddar and Colby jack cheese or any of your favorite cheese for making mac and cheese if you wish, to add even more flavor.
If you do not have Colby jack cheese, you may also add few slices (about 2 to 3) of Kraft American singles which will add more flavor and the light yellow color to the mac and cheese if you wish to add more flavor and color.
Usually a roux is made with flour and melted butter in the beginning of making the sauce for mac and cheese.
However I often make this without using roux as well.
You may add roux if you wish if that is your preference, but even without using roux using flour, this mac and cheese is creamy and tastes great!
So here is how you can make this easy one pot mac and cheese without eggs or evaporated milk, following this easy mac and cheese recipe on stove top.
How To Make One Pot Mac And Cheese Boiled In Milk?
To make easy, simple one pot mac and cheese boiled in milk, we use the following ingredients.
2 cups elbow shaped pasta
2 cups water
1 cup whole milk
4 tablespoons butter
salt adjust to taste
2.5 cups shredded cheddar cheese (I usually use cheddar cheese and Mexican blend)
2 American cheese slices I recommend Kraft American singles (optional)
1 cup milk chilled (may use little more if necessary)
½ cup heavy cream
½ teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon onion powder
½ teaspoon mustard powder
Below you can get the recipe for one pot mac and cheese in detail.
One Pot Mac And Cheese Without Eggs (Easy, Stove Top)
- 2 cups elbow shaped pasta
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup whole milk
- 4 tablespoons butter
- salt adjust to taste
- 2.5 cups shredded cheddar cheese (I usually use cheddar cheese and Mexican blend)
- 2 American cheese slices I recommend Kraft American singles (optional)
- 1 cup milk chilled (may use little more if necessary)
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon mustard powder
- Add the pasta, water, one cup of whole milk and also the butter to a saucepan, stir well and bring the mixture to a boil (stir often).
- As the mixture starts boiling, reduce the heat to medium, and add the spice powders – garlic powder, onion powder and mustard powder and cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until the pasta is cooked. Keep stirring continuously to avoid the pasta from sticking to the bottom of the pan.
- Turn off the stove and keep the pan away from heat. Stir in the heavy cream and cheese (shredded cheddar or Mexican blend or Colby if you are using and also the American cheese if using) and stir well everything so the cream and cheese will blend nicely with the hot pasta in sauce.
- The mac and cheese will have a tendency to thicken quickly, so add the chilled milk, one cup at a time, and stir well so as to maintain the right consistency. If the pasta thickens again in few minutes (which is normal), add more chilled milk, little by little as needed, and stir well. In case you need to save the pasta for later use, you may add a little more warm milk (if the pasta is already at room temperature or cold)and stir well to reduce the thickness of the dish, if needed.
Leave a Reply